Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
If one has used up all the 3 colony ships before the combat phase, and conquers the GCDS is one allowed to colonize 2 planets or none? One could see a conquest as a kind of influence action or is this wishful thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi David, I don't think there is an opportunity to use an influence action between the start of the combat phase and before the cleanup phase where all 3 colony ships are flipped. At the start of the upkeep phase there is the opportunity to use remaining colony ships but in this scenario there are none left.

So I am afraid Adrian is correct, but perhaps someone has a different take on this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
No, you are correct. But if you plan on conquering the GCDS, you can always use an influence action and flip your colony ships before the combat phase starts. Yes, that brings some more uncertainty - you just wasted an action if you don't succeed in taking over the centre - but that's the nature of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Wim,

I really hadn't thought about planning ahead like this, focussed as I was on capturing the GCDS. But that's a good idea, planning ahead and strategizing like in chess. The more I get a firmer grasp on the rules the more fun it is to experiment with various strategies and methods. Thanks!

Groet,
Francis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
Nope. One has to wait for the next round to do that.

Unless you are the forgetful sort, and sans an influence action, it's best to wait until the end of the turn to flip colony ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Unless you are the forgetful sort, and sans an influence action, it's best to wait until the end of the turn to flip colony ships.

I have started teaching this way, and make a point of reminding everyone at the end of the combat phase about their last chance to colonize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Unruh
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could place an influence disk on any newly conquered hex.

Edit: Yes, you can (as long as there are not population cubes), cf page 21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.