Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ho
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that you can voluntarily destroy your own units while it is your "active turn" and it is not during a battle. What counts as your "active turn?" Can you do this during the "play event cards" portion of the regrouping phase? This may come in handy when resolving cards that give you free units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni L
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes. While I don't have the rulebook on hand right now, it's always acceptable to destroy your own components if you need them elsewhere, unless they're currently part of battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not so sure if there is 'active player' during Regrouping Phase. I'll check on this later evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SCBG rules, page 22 wrote:
During the active player’s turn, except during a battle, he may voluntarily destroy his own units, bases, and transports

There are no 'player turns' during Regrouping Phase. What's more:

SCBG rules, page 6 wrote:
Active Player: The player who is currently executing one of his orders.

Per above definition there is no Active Player during Regrouping Phase therefore one can't destroy his units during Regrouping Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ho
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.