10 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who gets a point in this situation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j g

Alaska
msg tools
I have a black leader in a kingdom, and my opponent has a red leader in the same kingdom.
My opponent places a red tile down. Does that mean my king gets a red point and he gets a red point since the king gets a point for any color tile? Same goes for if I placed a red tile in my own kingdom as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a Red leader present, that player would get the VP. The owner of the Black leader will get a VP only if there's no leader in the matching color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
If there's a Red leader present, that player would get the VP. The owner of the Black leader will get a VP only if there's no leader in the matching color.

For each tile placed only one VP will ever be given out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:

Good point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
kentreuber wrote:

Just to be anal, one point max. There are times when a tile placed will give 0 points:

when joining two kingdoms
if there is not a leader of the color being placed nor a black leader present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve alancourt
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering, on the reverse of this. Let's say I have a black leader in a kingdom, and my opponent has a red leader in the same kingdom, and I am the one who plays a red tile. Does my opponent's red leader take priority and get the point, or does my black leader take priority because I am the active player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The red leader's player gets the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:

I just played my 2nd and 3rd games today and a quick reread of the rules afterwards made me think that this might be true. I came here to find out, so thanks for the answer! We've been giving out two VPs if you have a black leader and another color leader in the same kingdom and you place a tile of that color in the kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
further question, If King (black leader) is in a kingdom without a Priest (red leader) and a red tile is added next to or adjacent to him, would the King receive a red amulet victory point, or a black victory point?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockxhero wrote:
further question, If King (black leader) is in a kingdom without a Priest (red leader) and a red tile is added next to or adjacent to him, would the King receive a red amulet victory point, or a black victory point?!

Red - It's based on the tile color. Since no Priest is present, it would go to the King.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.