Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone happen to have a list of the exact changes between the first and second printings? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 cards had errata in the first edition, which has been corrected on the cards for the second edition. Other than that, I believe the rulebook and a few cards had their wording changed, to avoid ambiguities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically the changed cards are:

Whirlwind/Tornado
Demolish/Disintegrate
Energy Flow/Energy Steal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that the old Tornado was insanely powerful. What was the original card text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I read that the old Tornado was insanely powerful. What was the original card text?

There was no restriction on when it could be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have these changes been made to "balance" the game after Tornado was found to be over-powered? Or was this how it was supposed to have been played all along?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Have these changes been made to "balance" the game after Tornado was found to be over-powered? Or was this how it was supposed to have been played all along?

It has always been this way. Unfortunately, something got missed in the text of these 3 cards. It was spotted but the cards were already being printed. Thankfully, the rulebook deadline was a few weeks later, so there was time to put in the rulebook that the cards were wrong.

So, it is not a case of the 'old' card being too strong. There is no 'old' card - it was just a misprinted card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that the only changes in the cards in Mage Knight? Or is the wording changed on other cards as well?

I really would like wizkids to at least offer 1st edition owners the chance to purchase the changed material. I'm a completist, what can I say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
I really would like wizkids to at least offer 1st edition owners the chance to purchase the changed material.

They do. I'm a first edition owner and I already purchased the changed material. It would be pretty hard for them to prevent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Put in a request for replacement cards 7, 13, and 20 and I'll pay the cost of shipping them to me. whistle

It's around $60 with free shipping. And as a bonus you get all of the other cards and game components, too. You don't need my help, Wizkids has cleverly enlisted "retailers" around the country and the world, to do the distribution for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you did there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be heading to my FLGS soon to see if they have MK in stock. Will I be able to tell from the box whether it's 1st or 2nd printing?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can tell. The 2012 printing still has a 2011 copyright date on the box. I'd be very surprised if you found the first printing in stores, though. It sold out in a few weeks, and that was many months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the picture on the back of the box. If cities are ON the board it's 2nd edition. If cities are OFF the board, it's 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.