Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally received all 4 expansion packs to compliment my core game!

All cards added except the Tyranid pack, which I used to replace the original Genestealers blip cards from the core game (as I learned here).

And to my amazement after I removed the core Genestealers blip cards, the total card count came to exactly 200 cards. So I used exactly every sleeve from two packs of orange Mayday sleeves! And I just inverted the insert and everything fits (minus the core Genestealer blip cards of course)!

It's not everyday that something amazing happens, but to experience three great surprises at once...? Now that just made my day! Can't wait for my first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure whether you should play the first game with Tyranids instead of Genestealers though. They, essentially, are exactly the same plus some extra abilities that make the game harder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've logged in a lot of solo games with the core game and feel pretty confident moving into the Tyranids.

Confidence that I know what I'm doing... not confident in the fact that I will win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Now that just made my day!

In the face of certain death, you learn to appreciate the little things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

In the face of certain death, you learn to appreciate the little things.

That is so true! Whenever I win a solo game of DA, you'd think I won the lottery by the way I celebrate. Darn near freaked my wife out the first time I jumped up from the table when I won my first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry! I underestimated your experience then. Silly me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Ah, sorry! I underestimated your experience then. Silly me.

It's all good! Being a stay-at-home dad gives me A LOT of free time. So I've been playing DA solo a lot over the past month... at least 12-16 times during the week. I get caught up with house duties and I've forgotten to log my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.