The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Statesmen Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Norell
msg tools
mb
Am I interpreting the rules correctly?

A Statesman (red text) card which is legally in play WITHOUT a matching family senator card, adds his oratory and influence to the faction BUT ~

Does not receive income; cannot be prosecuted; cannot receive knights; cannot be appointed to any office or governorship etc.

In other words ~ all references to 'senators' in the rules exclude 'statesmen' unless accompanied by a family card.

I would appreciate clarification if I am mistaken. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, a statesman is a senator like any other. The only thing that changes (or did in the AH rules) was that if a statesman without the family card was in play, should the family card show up it went directly to the faction owner that had the statesman.

But Scipio & Caesar are the same as any other senators whether they've been played with or without the family card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Blödgen
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's exactly the same in the VG Rules. A statesman is a senator for all purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
msg tools
mb
Thanks very much for that clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.