Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game had a nice tour of The Gathering and got good feedback and great suggestions. While both the publisher and I think the game is good as it stands, we want to work to make the game as great as we can.... can't expect less from Academy.

One of the things we are working for is reducing playtime, especially for four players. The goal is to work towards being as non-dependent on text on the cards as we can, so players can glance at the Abolitionist Queue and know what is available.

I have started work on mocking up that iconagraphy and still have more work to do, but I wanted to share progress.

The other thing I am working on is splitting the cards out into three decks. This will give more control over the pacing of negative cards and add to the historical feel of the game. So the decks will probably be split: 1800-1839, 1840-1859, and 1860-1865. Some of the card choices will now be split out onto two cards depending on the time (i.e. Harriet Tubman mid 1800's and Harriet during the Civil War).

Uwe and myself are still pushing for a pre-Origins release and I will be at Gen-Con this summer doing a workshop during their educators track and bringing the game along for more playtesting in the open gaming space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe's awesome. Thanks for the update, Brian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really can't wait for this game!

Hurry up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our goal is to have the game ready in time for Origins next year, so this time next year Freedom will hopefulle be on the shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So will there be a Pre Order for this? Or A Kickstarter?

Asi I'd like to know what you used to make your cards when it was the Print and Pay version. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.