Popular Tags: [View All]
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say I had characters in two spots non adjacent. At the beginning of your turn do you pick up all extra characters and deploy from any of your controlled regions. Or can they only be deployed to spaces adjacent to where they are currently located. Hopefully this makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You may pick up any number of tokens (including all of them from any regions that you'd like). Then you may attack any region adjacent to any region that you're currently in. You may attack another region adjacent to any region that you're in -- whether adjacent to your first conquest, or not, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand your question. The units in your hand are not aware of 'where they came from'. You can choose to attack any territory adjacent to any other territory that contains at least one unit from your active race.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Russian
msg tools
I had this same question and I too appreciate the well worded clarifications. However, the rules (English version) are extremely vague in this regard. Specifically:

Upon entering the "Conquering Regions" phase of your turn (and assuming you have active race tokens on the map), the rules clearly state that each region you attempt to conquer must be adjacent to a region you already occupy.

However, after reading and rereading the rules multiple times (and again assuming you have active race tokens on the map), I can find absolutely no mention about which of your troops can and which of your troops cannot participate in a conquest (i.e. all of them or only those bordering the region under attack). I also see no mention of picking up race tokens to use in conquests.

Is this really how it works? Can we really pull troops from anywhere (even from "behind the lines") and send them into battle? Can anyone find this spelled out in the rules?

Many thanks! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 of English rules:
Quote:
Expanding through new Conquests
> Ready your Troops
Leaving in place one Race token in each Region they occupy, the player may take all his other Active Race tokens from the map back in hand and use them to conquer new Regions.

Quote:
> Abandoning a Region
Only those Race tokens that were taken back in hand may be used to conquer new Regions. If a player wishes to free up some more Race tokens, he may opt to entirely empty up some - or all - Regions, leaving no Tokens there; but in this case, these now abandoned Regions will no longer be considered his, nor bring him any Victory coins.

Emphasis mine. Now about using those tokens:
Quote:
> Conquer
All rules relative to the conquest of a new Region (see Conquering Regions, p. 4) must be respected, with the exception of the rule relative to the First Conquest - which only applies to new races entering on the map.

And in the mentioned place, the rules say:
Quote:
2. Conquering Regions
The player's Race tokens are used to conquer Regions of the map, whose occupation will yield Victory coins for that player.

Quote:
> Conquering a Region
To conquer a Region, a player must have available to deploy: 2 Race tokens + 1 additional Race token for each Encampment, Fortress, Mountain, or Troll's Lair marker + 1 additional Race token for each Lost Tribe or other player's Race token already present in the Region.

Quote:
> Following Conquests
The active player can repeat this process to conquer as many new Regions as he wishes during his turn, provided he has enough Race tokens left to accomplish these successive conquests.

Thus the bold text in the quotation above states that only the tokens, obtained in Ready your troops phase can be used to expand. Moreover, the rules of conquest say, that this can be done as long as there are enough tokens available. So all the tokens, picked up in Ready your troops phase can be used. There is no mention in the rules about the relation between a region, token is picked up from, and a region token is conquering. So any picked up token can be used to conquer any region. And yes, in some cases (e.g. Amazons) you can "pick up" tokens outside the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Russian
msg tools
Very nice. Looks like somehow I missed or misinterpreted the "from the map back in hand" bit in Ready Your Troops, which in turn led me to question the mention of "back in hand" inside the Abandoning a Region section. Everything crystal clear now... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.