Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dru Staltman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Heyo!

I got my new shiny copy of the expansion pack. In my box there are extra wood, stone, clay, and gold. These are not listed in my box contents in the preparation section.

In the rules for the expansion, it says to use the same setup as the base copy for all the resources excluding the hunt. Those rules have specific number of wood, clay, etc.

So my question is what to do with these resources. Are they for replacing missing pieces or something? Just curious what people are doing with them.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstaltman wrote:

In the rules for the expansion, it says to use the same setup as the base copy for all the resources excluding the hunt. Those rules have specific number of wood, clay, etc.

I was under the impression that the resources were actually unlimited and the rules say to use an 'appropriate replacement' or something to that effect. We certainly never play it as limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dstaltman wrote:
Heyo!

I got my new shiny copy of the expansion pack. In my box there are extra wood, stone, clay, and gold. These are not listed in my box contents in the preparation section.

So my question is what to do with these resources. Are they for replacing missing pieces or something? Just curious what people are doing with them.

Thanks!

As Edward said, rules state resources are unlimited. Thing is, with 5 players you're more likely to run out of them. So they put more in. Some of the other threads note that unfortunately this is likely true for tools too, but unfortunately there aren't extras of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dru Staltman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Ah! Okay.

Never ran out of the resources before that I remember so it wasn't an issue . Just double checking.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Can someone tell me how many resource of each type comes with this expansion. The brick are missing in mine and maybe other as well... I'll contact RGG when I'll know exactly what is missing.

Thanks
Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hexabit wrote:
Hello,

Can someone tell me how many resource of each type comes with this expansion. The brick are missing in mine and maybe other as well... I'll contact RGG when I'll know exactly what is missing.

Thanks
Nicolas

My copy came with 6 wood, 3 bricks, 3 stone, and 6 gold. No idea is this is standard or not. The copy I played at bgg con had a third this amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
Some of the other threads note that unfortunately this is likely true for tools too, but unfortunately there aren't extras of these.

In all the plays I've had with Stone Age, no matter the number of players, the game ends before all tools are used up; unless there are some REAL unusual rolls on the party favor cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. Finally I have the same resource count as you. Some resources were under the insert !!!

Have a nice day
Nicolas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Anderson
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About half of my 4-player games end up with all the 1/2 tools used up. Other half of the time, someone gets one or two 3-tools. The competition for the civ cards are pretty fierce. So I'll have to come up with something to use as 1/2 tools for the 5th player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ci Ci
United States
flag msg tools
My fiance and I played this game last night (just the two of us), and we ran out of almost all the resources at least once, sometimes more than 1 resource at a time (I'm a hoarder)...

We were playing with a LIMITED RESOURCE rule (in part because we didn't realize they were supposed to be unlimited)... in any case, this can actually make the game more interesting, because you can use the fact that there are no more resources left to your advantage... I was hoarding all the gold, which made it so that if my fiance ran out, there were no more for him to obtain in order to make buildings that required gold.

We are going to get the expansion kit so that we have more pieces, but are going to start every game deciding whether or not we want to play unlimited resources or if we want to implement our accidentally discovered house rule to make things more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.