Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuff said.

Geez, I've played this game so much i'm sure I knew it inside and out. Then you browse some of these rule forums and you start to question everything. I never even would have thought of half of these things; it makes one paranoid they've got it all wrong.

Aside from that, I came out on the victorious cylon team in a five player game.

It hinges on a crucial reveal on my part, after cylon #1 (Sitting to my left) already revealed on a previous turn.

Of the four players left (excluding myself), one was in the brig. Another was on Galactica, and the third was in space on a viper.

I convinced them to XO me to activate Command twice (since I was there already) but once played I first played a quorum card to send the other galactica player to the brig (action #1) and then revealed (action #2) which would let me send a player "on galactica" to the brig. Of course, I didn't stress this part (haha) and told the pilot to go to the brig as well.

So I go to the ressurection ship to join my cylon comrade, leaving galactica under attack in space, with all three remainig players stuck in the brig.

Nice work...but that leaves the crucial matter of if that loyalty card means the player has to be "on galactica" for it to work. I spent about five minutes trying to search though the ungodly 80 some pages of rule questions trying to find it, but who's got the time for that?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot send a pilot in a viper to the brig using that reveal. Nor can you send someone on Colonial One to the brig using that reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, on Galactica means ON Galactica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe, though I don't have my cards with me to check, that the Quorum Card lets you arrest any "human" player (humans, unrevealed Cylons, infiltrating Cylon Leaders...) whether they're on Galactica or not. So in this case, you could have achieved the same result by arresting the pilot and using the reveal on your shipmate. If I were asked to rule on that game, I'd allow you to retry your actions with the correct rules knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point. You just got your order wrong, but the whole thing was still possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh!!! (slaps forehead).

I can't believe I didn't just play them in reverse order then. Gah...you know how it is when you're the cylon about to reveal; you get tunell vision.

yeah, that's what I figured. I'm prety much always a "do exactly what the card says" guy, but the reveal was so epic that I wanted to make sure.

Oh well..when the losers complain at me that our victory was invalid, I'll point out to them that it was just a matter of the order in which they were played. They would have both ended up in the brig anyway.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have an official ruling wether or not the Brig and Sickbay reveals work on humans on Pegasus? AFAIK, the rulebook only specifies that "or Pegasus" is a choice when assigning damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
Do we have an official ruling wether or not the Brig and Sickbay reveals work on humans on Pegasus? AFAIK, the rulebook only specifies that "or Pegasus" is a choice when assigning damage.

UFAQ says we do:

"Q: Can a Cylon with the "send someone on Galactica to the Brig" reveal power use this on a player on New Caprica or Pegasus?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of vampyrefate) No, the card says someone on Galactica, and those locations are not on Galactica."

It's consistent with Colonial One being a safe-haven, and it's what a literal reading would point to - the cards say "on Galactica" and the rules don't say to interpret it any other way than "on Galactica" so it means "on Galactica"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's annoying for Crisis Cards Galactica and Pegasus are interchangable and for Reveal powers not? Just an extra rule... Anyways lets try to remember it :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acenoid wrote:
It's annoying for Crisis Cards Galactica and Pegasus are interchangable and for Reveal powers not? Just an extra rule... Anyways lets try to remember it

For damage, they are interchangeable. For anything else, I believe they're separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.