Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » VIC (Melbourne)

Subject: the 'CTHULHU CLUB' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
ive had an idea if youre interested.

i wouldnt mind starting a 'cthulhu club' of about 5 to 6 people which meets once a week.

if everyone is there we continue on with a cthulhu rpg.

if only 4 or so turn up we play mansions of madness.

3 or under we play arkham horror.

2 OR 4 we can brush up on the lcg game.

so attendance is not compulsory and we just play whatever. i own everything for the above games, and dont mind 'moderating' the RPG / MoM.

what do you think??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
You forgot elder sign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
if noone turns up ill play elder sign by myself.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might consider it. Depends on where exactly this would be happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
I might consider it. Depends on where exactly this would be happening.

ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
it'd be a matter of finding players and where they're from and organising from there. either tacking onto an already established venue / night or at someones place. mine is available in st kilda east for starters.

i also own innsmouth escape.

is that you paul from billabong (prd) ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Im northern suburbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
BOO_RADLEY wrote:

is that you paul from billabong (prd) ??

Yup. So, I'd be amenable to getting in on some Arkham Horror, Elder Sign, or Mansions of Madness action at Billabong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Moos
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Im northern suburbs

So am I. And I'm very interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
i may have to get northern AND southern suburbs groups going.

i'm not from the north but id be willing to travel. i have no connections up there though or know of any places so that ball would be in the northerners court.

its lyndon here too by the way billabong people. i could start at billabong for a couple of games but would rather have a dedicated group that CAN meet there, but does it to play AAARRRRRKKKKHHHAAAAAM stuff..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bang smack in the middle. But I'm not a car owner, so I am generally willing to range only so far, and preferably within range of a tram stop or train station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are happy to host you at Eurogames Fest and are always open to all gamers of varying persuasions and skill levels.
= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * =
First and Third Sunday of every month
Time: 10am till 6pm
Venue: Wadham House (Melway 61 E12)
52 Wadham Parade, Mt Waverley, 3149, Victoria (Upstairs)
$4.00 entry fee*
Tea & Coffee making facilities available

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * =
Public transport friendly, 150m from Mt Waverley railway station. Plenty of space.
Within 2.5km of Billabong Gamers which meets each Tuesday evening 7pm till late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
thank you very much euro games fest. will certainly keep that in mind if /when we're up and running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'm very keen on getting to play CoC:LCG.

Often attend Billabong and Euro Games Fest.

Rgds, David F..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
hey foozle.

speaking to you on melbournegamers.
coclcg is pretty fun. just a shame you need everything there is to own to be competative tournament wise. and believe me, it can take hours and hours just to make up your deck. 2 solid days my last (4th) deck took me.

what if my opponent does this?? shuffle shuffle. what does that now leave me open to?? shuffle shuffle. wait a sec. that doesn't work. shuffle shuffle kind of thing.

there's something ridiculous like 2000 cards and you need to make a deck of 50. drives you insane. so may goodies, so little space.

so that'd be on too some times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda interested - been writing and playing CoC since the late 80s, and I'd love to play Mythos. Arkham Horror would be OK too. But Elder Sign..?

SE suburbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
haha. notice it wasn't included. elder sign, when played, is for solo time filling.

if you've played rpg since the 80's as i had, then you should find the rest fun as well. all my rpg stuff is from then and i owned most of it from the time. thought i'd check these games out and the rest is history.

Mansions of madness is pretty much an rpg mixed with a tabletop miniature game. it has a 'DM' and a progressive story, though nowhere near as flexible as an rpg.

arkham is lots of fun and can be quite nailbiting.

i'm super keen to get the rpg base together though.

looks likes theres around 4 or so in the south east so far so let me know if you're serious in this quadrant and we can maybe organise a trial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Serious enough to try out the RPG - I still have my original release in a storage box somewhere. On the LCG front I have cards - but never found a player to play with. Also have no intention of ever taking the game seriously and being competitive :-)

Rgds, David F..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
well. let us tarry not!!

i will be at billabong this tuesday may 1st, and i will bring mansions of madness, arkham horror, but more importantly a small RPG adventure with some premade characters so people can get the feel of how it goes for those that haven't played before.

any people interested then PLEASE turn up if you're able and hopefully we can secure a couple of places (i will wear a blue hoodie - ha).

i will also attend eurogames fest on the 7th may around midday (will advise) for people who a sunday afternoon suits better.

also available outside these times to meet up and have a chat with others who can't make these dates.

and dont worry. i havent forgotten you northern folk!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
NB: I have agreed to play Lords of Waterdeep this coming Tuesday at Billabong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
all good. at least we can meet and say hi, and since you've played before its no biggie. the first couple of games will really just be teaching and getting back into DM-ing for me (haven't done it for a while), and won't be where we 'start'.

if theres a few new people it might even be better to play a game of mansions of madness to engage the senses and limit the choices that need to be made and get them used to the whole 'DM' idea. id be a fan of throwing in a game of this every now and again anyway to carry the feel and imagery over into the RPG.

also bring your CoC lcg decks along to billabong anyone who has one, as id be very keen to squeeze in my first ever game!!

P.S how does one retrieve a password on this site?? i got me an avatar to buy (thanks trev)!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
NB: I have agreed to play Lords of Waterdeep this coming Tuesday at Billabong.

And a very good game it was as well. Thanks Rob. I’ll be adding this to my collection.

I'm hoping to get to EuroGamesFest to catch up for CoC:LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
i'll be there!! i work saturday night so won't arrive till around 1pm. i will bring my coclcg stuff and possibly arkham horror. mansions of madness was played for the first time for me at billabong, and i think it went quite well. thanks to those that participated!!

RIP harvey walters, who after melting and rending apart most of the opposition, died within the blaze that engulfed the house, after being dragged into the inferno by a crazed cultist.

EDIT NEWSFLASH

wont make eurogamesfest unfortunately. someones sprung a visit on me. definately the next one though, and billabong as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
bring your COC LCG decks to billabong tonight if you got em. wouldnt mind some tournament practice if its possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foo
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the game. We played an old CCG Starter Deck against an LCG built deck. The CCG Starter Deck worked quite well and won the game. Better still however is that I now finally have played the game - and it is good.
Rgds, David F..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.