Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Will we ever need all the minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two new stretch goals have been announced on the Kickstarter including another 2 fatties and 6 runners if/when pledges reach $120k and then a further 20 walkers at the next stretch target of $140k.

My question is whether there will ever be a time in the game when we need this many figures? I get the impression from the wording of the $140k stretch goal that there will be new zombie seeding cards that'll become available then, so hopefully so, otherwise it seems to be offering a lot of superfluous minis.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'll need them :-)
...and more locations cry
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They did mention creating new scenarios to specifically use the extra models, plus they seem to be implying new scenarios will be released in the future and there are always home brew scenarios! I love that the stretch goals are game content that will add to the game long term. We can ALWAYS come up with ways to use extra bits in a game...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...maybe it's only me who doesn't want to mix game material (use tiles which don't really match the original design)...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
They did mention creating new scenarios to specifically use the extra models, plus they seem to be implying new scenarios will be released in the future and there are always home brew scenarios! I love that the stretch goals are game content that will add to the game long term. We can ALWAYS come up with ways to use extra bits in a game...



Very true, hadn't thought of that. I hope that they do release some extra zombie alert cards (assuming that these are the cards that spawn the zombies) to allow players to take advantage of all the bonus zeds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if that many is necessary...but I won't complain. It amazes me how many miniatures are going to be in this game...zombie

I love LNOE, but having a full co-op zombie game just may be worth the look. Zpocalypse didn't wow me, not seeing how gameplay worked or a rulebook didn't help either. Zombicide however has a little look into the gameplay...and hopefully we will get to see the rulebook. That will probably be what will push me over the barrier to backing this one.

Although 100+ miniatures is pretty darn enticing...but painting them all is a whole other ordeal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I was scavenging to find anything about the rules for the game i can get my hands on, I found this...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392678844097896&set=a...

Doesn't say much about the rules, but if you look closely at the yellow text box, you can see that its normal for the game to run out of zombie minis.. With the 160k stretch goal and the extra 20 walkers I guess that issue is taken care off, if not for anything else...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question Phil. I myself wonder as well if we ever need that much figures. I'm on a budget, so my decision whether to pledge to a higher level is rather critical.

LostRoom wrote:
Zpocalypse didn't wow me, not seeing how gameplay worked or a rulebook didn't help either. Zombicide however has a little look into the gameplay...and hopefully we will get to see the rulebook. That will probably be what will push me over the barrier to backing this one.


Uff, I guess you may have missed it. Jeff did released (well few days before the deadline) a series of video covering all pages from the rulebook. Not to forget the draft rulebook is available for download. Although it's only a draft, the video pretty much sums up gameplay/everything.

Here's the video series: http://bigarmdigital.com/GreenbrierGames/Zpocalypse/

And Zpocalypse Rules draft.

- Damien
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Raoult
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:
While I was scavenging to find anything about the rules for the game i can get my hands on, I found this...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392678844097896&set=a...

Doesn't say much about the rules, but if you look closely at the yellow text box, you can see that its normal for the game to run out of zombie minis..

Zombies get an extra turn when you run out of zombies miniatures. It happens when:
- Zombie population isn't regulated on the board
- You play on very large boards and/or have numerous zombie spawn zones
- You pick many fattie cards (the extra fatties are welcome)

Quote:
With the 160k stretch goal and the extra 20 walkers I guess that issue is taken care off, if not for anything else...

This "issue" is partially taken care off indeed but another goal is to allow our Survivors to run into "Romero-esque" situations. You can put the Runners, Fatties and Abomination aside and play ONLY against Walkers.
A horde of them.
Mwah ah ah.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
on the amount of minis they will put in the game more in the kickstarter ,edition,
how do you paint all those minis and thee any suggestions on the paints to use?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the painting guide on the CoolMiniOrNot homepage
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i hope i can paint as well as the they show on there site some of the artists are awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Souza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is whether there will ever be a time in the game when we need this many figures?

I ordered 2 sets for myself. You can never have enough Zombies.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.