DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I recently picked up the expansion, and found out that my copy of Style has a different rule book than some of the other copies floating around my game group.

My copy of the rule book, says that you may NOT (bolded in rule book) trade when you have taken the trader hut space. This matches the official rule book PDF on the RGG site.

My friend's rule book says the opposite, that my ALSO trade, when taking the trade hut. I hear that this matches the German version of the rules.

Knowing that RGG sometime makes changes from the german rules of games (Carcassone), how do I know which version is correct?

And people complain about FFG rulebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here is the link to the riogrande rules I have

http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_398_gameRule...

The problem is in the phrasing; I started a thread earlier about this;

only vs also

What they should have done is delete that sentence all together as when and how you are allowed to use the trader is covered in by the rest of the surrounding text.

What they were trying to say is you are allowed to use the trader anytime your marker is off the zero space on the trader track and you are short the resources to build a hut or buy a card and only once a turn.

the problem is with the word only ; run with the rules on the rio grande site and just ignore that sentence as it is redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls