Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
WHOM else would have *thunk* UPON as such, eh? So, basically you EITHER 'print out & mount' OR do likewise for your 'counters' with prying apart those "and then" proceed upon putting this onto 'mag-sheet' material for the counters, etc. and just "tack or tape up" the MAP where this is convenient somewhere on a 'fridge' and PLAY AWAY! As it happens to stand, then yes, 'moi' does HAVE some 'mag-sheet' in which to manufacture SOME few copies too, while I'm talking upon them 1/2-inch counters on thus.
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried that once but the counters were falling off the fridge. My magnets were probably too weak or too small. I would be nice to play OGRE PBWIWSFTF (play by whenever I want something from the fridge).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
oh, certainly, while the kind of which I possess is from back in 1987 when I printed them OUT as 'advertisement' giveaways, so this is around 3 or 4 times as thicker. This is small, squarish overall proportioned, so under 100 counters then overall? I'll have to accurately measure this on that then.
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The original Ogre maps were on thick-ish paper, possibly too thick for the wimpier advertising magnets. The later, color Ogre maps were thinner. You an also get a low res Ogre map image from the sjgames.com/ogre page. The other solution is better magnets or paint the Ogre map on the fridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desi Mims
United States
Gwinn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
...paint the Ogre map on the fridge.

Commitment; I like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
...paint the Ogre map on the fridge.

Unfortunately not an option, it's not my fridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't quite endorse buying your own fridge to play Ogre. Doesn't seem efficient.

You can but a $15 pack of 1/2" button magnets for your counters. That way they'll have a lot more grip and should work with any map.

You know what I hate? Stainless steel fridge doors that won't hold Ogre magnets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a 6'x4' magnetic whiteboard and a strip of sticky backed magnetic strip off ebay, I had all the battlefields maps on it, never played a game on it yet though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

You know what I hate? Stainless steel fridge doors that won't hold Ogre magnets.

+1 on THAT. SWMBO picked out a stainless when the old one died and I've been bummed since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.