Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played my first game last night and have one question. When a unit marked with an opportunity fire marker suceeds it's proficiency check and fires does the opportunity fire marker get removed or does the marker stay on the unit until the end of the turn? Leaving the marker on the unit makes it easier to pass a final opportunity fire proficiency test later in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
The marker is removed (flip it over to say Used).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had exactly the same doubt. I think it's not clear in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Westh Sorensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
marticabre wrote:
I had exactly the same doubt. I think it's not clear in the rules.

Me too !

Love the game btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already written in a clarification in the marked up rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more Op Fire Marker questions...

page 2 Second Paragraph says "A unit that is marked as Op Fire, which subsequently attempts Op Fire at an enemy unit, is then marked as Used".

Not true as per the rules on page 4, if the unit fails it's Prof Check it is not marked as Used, so attempts in the above sentance is wrong. The above could be corrected as:

"A unit marked for Op Fire, which passes it's Proficency Check to Op Fire, is then marked Used and loses the Op Fire marker regardless of the outcome of that fire"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what I just wrote I think I know the answer, but I don't actually see this in the rules. If a Unit fails it's Prof Check in attempting to Op Fire, does it lose it's Op Fire marker?

The only explicit mention of removing Op Fire markers is in the Recovery Phase, which makes me think the unit does not lose it until it either uses it to pass a PC, or the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might already be answered above, depending on the answer.

If a unit with an Op Fire marker fails it's PC (and Op Fire markers would ordinarily be removed at that point which I think is not the case) then it spends a Command Point to reroll, would it be able to keep the Op Fire marker for that reroll?

I'm thinking that you don't lose the Op Fire marker until you've used it successfully passing a proficiency check (or Recovery phase), which makes some of this moot, but want to make sure....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
This might already be answered above, depending on the answer.

If a unit with an Op Fire marker fails it's PC (and Op Fire markers would ordinarily be removed at that point which I think is not the case) then it spends a Command Point to reroll, would it be able to keep the Op Fire marker for that reroll?

I'm thinking that you don't lose the Op Fire marker until you've used it successfully passing a proficiency check (or Recovery phase), which makes some of this moot, but want to make sure....

I think that you don't lose the Op Fire marker until either you're successfully passed a prof check or until the Recovery phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.