Popular Tags: [View All]
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you view the top card of the encounter deck, is the viewed card still out of play? If so, you can not deal four damage to it with gandalf, and none of the keywords on the card trigger like surge, guarded, doomed etc., right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Knight
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, no when revealed effects. Or anything of that nature occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
When you view the top card of the encounter deck, is the viewed card still out of play? If so, you can not deal four damage to it with gandalf, and none of the keywords on the card trigger like surge, guarded, doomed etc., right?

You're grasping some of the rules OK, but based on your recent questions I think you should go reread the rule book from beginning to end. Pay special attention to the parts related to "action" and "response". I'm guessing that you know the game well enough now that you'll pick up some things you're doing wrong during another rules reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:

You're grasping some of the rules OK, but based on your recent questions I think you should go reread the rule book from beginning to end. Pay special attention to the parts related to "action" and "response". I'm guessing that you know the game well enough now that you'll pick up some things you're doing wrong during another rules reading.

Thanks for the tip. Went back and did some rereading. Cleared up a few things, no major errors. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but some of the card text is a bit confusing at times, and the rule book does not really flesh out those more focused details that sometimes I'm uncertain of. Probably bound to have more questions. Thanks for your patience and to all those others that have helped me get a grasp on this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Bellomar
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for that answer I have had that question for a while. I have a related question(sorry to thread steal ), if you use Hannemarth Riversong and Denethor together do you get to see two cards fom encounter deck or the same top card twice?? Because if I look at one top card and then do the other action technically there is a new top card no???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best use of that combo is to use Denethor, bottom out the top card if it looks nasty, then use Henny to look at the new top card. But if Denethor doesn't bottom the top card, no point in using Henny, you'll just see the same card again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A far a I understand the rules you can't use both together - you can use one after the other during the same phase. But if you use one of them and put the card back on top of the eventpile the other ne will see the same card.
So if you have both you can choose
1)use Riverong so you still have denethor for defending or to discard the card riversong aleady has sen if nescessary.
2) use denethor o if he decides to put the card to the bottom of the pile you still can see the next card coming.

I think the best choice depends on the actual quest. If there are many nasty cards so that the chance is high you want to avoid the next card it perhaps is better to use denethor first. If there are only few deadly cards and you mostly want to know what comes next it perhaps is better to use hammersmith first..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.