Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
So much potential, so absolutely no payoff.

I had that little shiver of "Ohh, there's that guy who was so intriguing 4 years ago!" when he walked out on stage, but then he started in with the wooden campaign speech over the soul jam, and the magic went away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering he probably walked in and did it on the fly and hasn't ever given any indication that he has musical talent in the past I would say it was pretty awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
how weird. Although I think he has given some indication of musical talent in the past...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uHR90Sq6k

but he obviously didn't use it in this clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some concern that this is a violation of the Equal Time laws. I'll look up the article and link later (as opposed to

)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
So much potential, so absolutely no payoff.

This.

If he'd sung it...that would have been awesome.

Speaking it with his 'carefully reading a teleprompter so as to not make any mistakes' emotionless monotone is...

...less awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
There is some concern that this is a violation of the Equal Time laws.

Really? Romney has done Letterman's Top Ten List twice so far this election season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stand Jimmy Fallon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The whole thing is degrading. Clinton and the sax was barely acceptable but this is like the leader of the free world is in a contest with Putin as to who inspires the faceless, youthful, brain-dead masses more with their middle-aged hipness.

Degrading. Unseemly. Embarrassing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah. It's a Democrat, so we kind of knew that would be your response to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallon is promoting Fallon, and also, he is a tool. At least Jon Stewart has the grace to be respectful to his guests (unless it's Chris Matthews).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
BagelManB wrote:
Yeah. It's a Democrat, so we kind of knew that would be your response to it.

I'd feel the same way if he was a Republican, a Libertarian, or a Whig.

In fact, if this was George W., I would naturally assume that the whole thing was a prank. It definitely appears that Fallon is making fun of the President.

Truth. Only a hopeless partisan would suggest this tragically embarrassing scene has anything to do with political parties. Snapshots define people... moments. Just like "read my lips" defined HW Bush's loss to Clinton the measure of a leader in the public eye is built via snapshots, moments that stand out.

I felt embarrassed for HW Bush when he blew sushi chunks in Japan and for Ford when he stumbled on the steps of Air Force One. But neither of those moments said anything about the person as a president and in some people's minds it reminded them that even world leaders get sick, make missteps and are like you and I. But this lunacy? Who does Obama have working for him that didn't see how creepy, comical and unbecoming of the office of president this display would be?

I can even get past the sax playing because, for one, Clinton is actually talented at playing the thing. Plus, he didn't look like a hopeless loser begging for approval. It didn't make me want to vote for him but had I been on the fence it wouldn't have pushed me away. This terrible and creepy thing Obama did... man, that's gonna be part of his legacy and the sad thing is - legacy-wise - it may actually be a high point for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NEWSFLASH: People who previously disliked Barack Obama continue to dislike Barack Obama; also, General Franco still dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DWTripp wrote:
tragically embarrassing... lunacy... creepy... comical [because, after all, there is nothing worse than comical comedy!] and unbecoming... hopeless loser... terrible... creepy [in case we missed it the first time]

The hyperbole master strikes again!

Gyroscopes spin less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

mightygodking wrote:
NEWSFLASH: People who previously disliked Barack Obama continue to dislike Barack Obama; also, General Franco still dead

Some of them merely dislike. Some of them hate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Artaxerxes wrote:

mightygodking wrote:

Hate? Strong word. I don't hate Obama. I reserve hatred for people I've actually met and found just as loathsome in person as they were from a distance. Suggesting I hate Obama is like saying I hate MGK, which I don't because loathsome as he is, I've never met him. Or it would be like saying MisterCranky hates Drew, which I don't believe because I think Josh, like me, reserves true hatred for people he loathes, finally meets and discovers he was right about them all along.

I think maybe if I was rich I could perhaps actually hate Obama for not only being a total fucktard and doing embarrassing shit like this Fallon appearance, but also for trying to take my riches away so he can get re-elected. I'd be like Jon Lovitz, really hatin' on Obama because Obama is pretty much a piece of shit up close but seemed okay from a distance.

Lovitz tells Kevin Smith that Obama is a fucking asshole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DWTripp wrote:
I'd be like Jon Lovitz...

Yeah, that's the ticket. There is evidence to suggest that you may already be like one of his personae.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DWTripp wrote:
Artaxerxes wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Hate? Strong word. I don't hate Obama. I reserve hatred for people I've actually met and found just as loathsome in person as they were from a distance. Suggesting I hate Obama is like saying I hate MGK, which I don't because loathsome as he is, I've never met him. Or it would be like saying MisterCranky hates Drew, which I don't believe because I think Josh, like me, reserves true hatred for people he loathes, finally meets and discovers he was right about them all along.

I think maybe if I was rich I could perhaps actually hate Obama for not only being a total fucktard and doing embarrassing shit like this Fallon appearance, but also for trying to take my riches away so he can get re-elected. I'd be like Jon Lovitz, really hatin' on Obama because Obama is pretty much a piece of shit up close but seemed okay from a distance.

Lovitz tells Kevin Smith that Obama is a fucking asshole

Would this be the has-been Jon Lovitz who left Saturday Night Live 20 years ago because he was so convinced that he was going to be the next best thing at the movies to Eddie Murphy?

Well, fortunately for him, Lovitz will have plenty of company with SNL has-beens Dennis Miller and Victoria Jackson, both of whom have already discovered that the next best thing to being a has-been is being a has-been with an improbable new schtick playing the parts of wild-eyed right-wing birther conspiracy nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.