Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone having a problem downloading their game collection .csv file? Right after the March 30 switch it was timing out. About a week later it was working again. Now, however, it is timing out again. It's been that way for about a week or so. I've tried different machines, different locations, etc. Still no luck.

Anyone else?

--
Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
It works just fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried. Didn't have any problem.

Edit: I was also able to download your collection, but it took a lot longer than mine because yours is so much bigger shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! Well, I appreciate your help. I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig, I'll give it a try - likely it's just taking so long to generate that our load balancer is timing you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
If your collection exceeds a certain size, you can't do it anymore.
Which is a real pity soblue

But I got help from other friendly Geeks, and they recommended me a different way for download - although, you won't get all the data (but most of it):
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekcollection.php?action=exportcsv...

In the link above, just replace my username with yours. The keyword here is "brief=1".

Aldie, is this something that will be fixed in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Scott. Any luck on downloading it?

--
Craig

Aldie wrote:
Craig, I'll give it a try - likely it's just taking so long to generate that our load balancer is timing you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Is there any chance this could be tweaked up a little? I think this export in particular is slower than it used to be since both your and my collection worked in the past (for a game-choosing tool) but don't now :(

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Aldie again to see if there has been any movement on this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.