Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Vollman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's already an optional rule that says you can only hit someone with a gotcha card (a negative event or artifact) if the target empire is within range of one of your empires.

We've added another twist. You can only play those gotcha cards as part of a Civilize action you've played in your empty slot.

In short:
Play a Civilize on an empire: build cities, promote leaders, build artifacts, etc.

Play a Civilize on an empty slot: slam other empires with gotcha cards. Kind of a de-civilize action, really.

It was just too powerful (and unrealistic) to allow players to build up their own empires while slamming everyone else's. If you want to slam someone you have to give up the chance to build up your own that turn (or use a wild card).

Worked well, everyone liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Sounds interesting Robert, thanks for that. take that are the most contentious part of teh game. never understood it before the game was released I do know ("why are you picking on me?").

regards
harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take that cards are the only way to defeat some empires.

Empires falling is completely historical (and needed when you have a run away leader)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 wrote:
Take that cards are the only way to defeat some empires.

Empires falling is completely historical (and needed when you have a run away leader)

Gotcha doesn't bother me in 7 Ages. Players who don't like "gotchas" should play a euro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.