Kempo
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Bought Twilight Struggle while ago and absolutely love it, only problem i have that it only supports 2 players. I would love to find a game that i could play with my girlfriend and roommate + the opportunity for more players as i have lot of gamer-friends. Im looking for a game in style of twilight struggle or Twilight imperium with elements of politics, diplomacy and war. Twilight Imperium would be perfect as it has all the elements, but it takes too much time to be played often. I would prefer game time under 4 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization will have a play time of right around 4 hours for a 4 player game, once you know what you are doing. Fortunately, there are 2 learning versions of the game to help ease you into it.

Tigris & Euphrates will probably not have the diplomacy you are looking for, but it has plenty of war and politics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The upcoming Andean Abyss should be what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
I don't know a whole lot about either game, but A Game of Thrones (first edition) or Rex: Final Days of an Empire might be worth a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
The upcoming Andean Abyss should be what you are looking for.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.