Hide
6 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » General

Subject: Events are fun! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Warren
msg tools
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that the Events often add a little fun and a lot of chaos to games.

While playing "Lifeline" (scenario 3 - Reich is trying to take control of 3 NATO objectives on the west side of the board), the Reich was marching up on the northern side of the board making decent progress. The infantry and APCs kept moving at the extreme north while the armor tried to pacify the NATO armor on a hill.

An event chit is pulled and snake eyes are rolled - a Ravager comes onto the board at O9 (?). Bad news, the Reich armor is close and has already activated - no OP fire! The Ravager activated next and assaults the nearby Puma and totally destroys the unit. The Black Hand chit is pulled again, allowing the Ravager to assault the E-100. More bad news for the Reich - the E-100 unit is ripped apart.

That was pretty much the nail in the coffin for the Reich. Oh what fun does the post-nuclear wasteland bring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they are, but I "think" you may have played that wrong!

The Blank Hand activation marker won't go into the cup until the end of the current round, so the Reich would have had their Finished markers removed at the end of the round and the chance to OP fire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Crap. That's what I get for not paying attention to the rules! Given the luck of the Reich at the moment, they probably would have missed any OP fire!

Thanks for pointing that out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Events are definitely one of the best things in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
eke_warren wrote:
The Ravager activated next

eekamouse wrote:
The Blank Hand activation marker won't go into the cup until the end of the current round

Rules-wise Joel is right, the Ravager should've waited for the next turn to start wreaking chaos. Still, you can think of it as an enraged Ravager who wouldn't wait for the best moment to strike and decided to charge the approaching enemy instead!

It's all about having fun with the game :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Malvictis wrote:
eke_warren wrote:
The Ravager activated next

eekamouse wrote:
The Blank Hand activation marker won't go into the cup until the end of the current round

Rules-wise Joel is right, the Ravager should've waited for the next turn to start wreaking chaos. Still, you can think of it as an enraged Ravager who wouldn't wait for the best moment to strike and decided to charge the approaching enemy instead!

It's all about having fun with the game

The really funny thing is that I played the scenario again and another event chit roll had the Ravager making an appearance (it was the last chit for the turn this time so I played it correctly). The Black Hand activated first on the next turn. The Ravager didn't wreak as much havoc, but it did take out the Puma. The tank unit was able to kill the Ravager, but during a subsequent NATO activatio the Reich tank unit was destroyed.

What fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.