Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Lauer
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone's noticed any similarities between "Indy" and "Escape . . . from the Temple Curse"--having not played either of these.

Also wondering if there might be a possibility of using a modified "Escape" mechanic with the Indy game.

I would like to hear from anyone who might have more experience at either of these what he or she thinks.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
01neo01
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
mb
haven't played to "Escape...", but if you can understand any spanish, you can take a look to my "No DVD new rules", adding only one 6 sided dice and with some more solid game mecanics making the game more "adventurer".
Even for solitaire game.
Link: New rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of similarities: cards, tiles, relics, escape the collapsing temple, etc. Escape has cursed jewels & Indy has gold coins & relics. But the primary difference is the 10 minute timer aspect in Escape. Also, Escape is straight out co-op game. All or none win or die.

Indy is more of a competitive player game, though it could be turned into a co-op game. You race against opponents, battle villains and traps. It isn't until the relics have been collected that the temple begins to crumble (much like the opening of Raiders). The pawns, relics, tokens & tiles are excellent. Cards a tad thin but shuffle well enough. The big negative for Indy is the DVD (MB's afterthought I think to throw some movies scenes in it).

The Indy dice variants do away with the clumsy repetitive DVD play. Check out the dice variants on this forum. My favorite is the 1D6 & 1D8 version. Finally, those Indy figures are nicer than pawns and would even work well with Escape.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.