Subject: Missing map pieces/monsters/cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, bought Descent+AoD+WoD+RtL.

Now, when I counted the map pieces (the ones I think are map pieces) it came out at 90.
Now, when reading the component lists there should be 101.
Is it only the ones that looks like jigsaw-puzzle that is considered map piece?

I also have some monsters missing, any chance FFG still have them in stock?

Also, there seems to be missing the cards that are replaced (do you use the replacement cards even if you are only playing with the core game) and also the 3 Campaign Skill and City shop card from RtL, what are these supposed to look like?

EDIT: Are all pieces that are made into smaller squares considered map pieces?

EDIT2: Is there a complete list somewhere of all cards and how many there should be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try FFG. Being an after market deal, they might not do anything, but then again they might, so wouldn't hurt to simply fire them an email. Note they seem to be a bit backed up so don't expect a response for a few weeks at the soonest.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Diamond
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
They responded to me pretty quick and said they couldn't replace any missing cardboard bits. Apparently whatever they had for replacment parts is gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gemmett
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
MuRRe wrote:
So, bought Descent+AoD+WoD+RtL.

Now, when I counted the map pieces (the ones I think are map pieces) it came out at 90.
Now, when reading the component lists there should be 101.
Is it only the ones that looks like jigsaw-puzzle that is considered map piece?

I also have some monsters missing, any chance FFG still have them in stock?

Also, there seems to be missing the cards that are replaced (do you use the replacement cards even if you are only playing with the core game) and also the 3 Campaign Skill and City shop card from RtL, what are these supposed to look like?

EDIT: Are all pieces that are made into smaller squares considered map pieces?

EDIT2: Is there a complete list somewhere of all cards and how many there should be?

the first question about the jig saw peices? each map peice in the core game has a hook on either end and many are duplicated so if you are just mising some of the duplicated peices you can deal with it just build part of the dungeon and when the hero get into the 2nd part build that from the first part as the core game you only need to go in and slay the monster and don't need to regress very far.
that being said there is 2 breath templates you do need but its not considered a map pieces
for the expansions theres also a stomach tile you need I believe and a giant pit tile you will need as well as trap cards like dart field which is 2 spaces by 3 spaces or a 2x2 boulder ect these are not map pieces

as for the monsters FFG isn't supporting their OOP stuff, how ever somone was selling the monsters on BGG like a week ago, he may have found a buyer already i am not sure try messaging Oddzball or this is the thread

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/794356/want-to-sell-a-bunch-...

Other than replacing the monsters missing you if you have every type of monster the OL and use a pretty creative LOS say 10 places or so or 6 and use a white monster and just say hes supposed to be a champion monster or visa versa

As for OL cards, my group uses the core cards and replaces the replacement cards if there is a difference but if there is no difference at all we leave both in. But I believe thats kinda a house rule, as I think you just are supposed to replace the replacement cards.

as for the RTL campaign skill and city shop cards I think you will have to find someone to scan them for you and email them to you so you know what they say. My copy of RTL is still factory sealed as my group is on AoD right now I do not plan on getting rid of it so I will try and ask my group if they want to unseal it so I can scan it for you. Its one of those things you only get to unseal a box once right, so we like to do it together usually when we are going to use the expansion lol.

and finally I do not know where you can look for a list of all the cards only that you can see the numbers for each expansion on BGG and maybe on FFG website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corpsgasm wrote:

the first question about the jig saw peices? each map peice in the core game has a hook on either end and many are duplicated so if you are just mising some of the duplica...

So, I guess only one is a breath template and the other is missing?

Also, the small rectangular is NOT considered map pieces?

Thanks everybody for all the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
Corpsgasm wrote:

the first question about the jig saw peices? each map peice in the core game has a hook on either end and many are duplicated so if you are just mising some of the duplica...

So, I guess only one is a breath template and the other is missing?

Also, the small rectangular is NOT considered map pieces?

Thanks everybody for all the help.

When you go to the descent page at the picture section there are pictures of the unpunched items that belong to descent. There you van easily see what you have and whats missing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, those rectangular pieces are different types of obstacles and board effects, they are not map pieces. For example, in the image above, you have two 1x3 pieces of lava terrain, and one 1x3 piece of mud terrain. Most of the terrain have 1x1, 1x2, and 1x3 pieces.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sucks, I bought an incomplete game although it should be complete :/.
Gonna be such a pain in the ass to get all the missing stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
This sucks, I bought an incomplete game although it should be complete :/.
Gonna be such a pain in the ass to get all the missing stuff.

I'm sure the bgg peeps are going to help you out. Feel the love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through the lists, with Core+AoD+WoD+RtL I can only find one breath template among these games, or am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
Going through the lists, with Core+AoD+WoD+RtL I can only find one breath template among these games, or am I wrong?

I'm pretty sure you only have one Breath template that came with the base game, and one Lighting template (came with, um, AoD? Maybe WoD, can't remember). So if you have one Breath template, you're good to go.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
Yes, one bad breath template, that's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.