Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has me bursting with ideas and I haven't even played it yet! Please note that this scenario hasn't been tested and I have no idea if it is properly balanced.

Tower Defense
Co-op Scenario, 4 or 6 Rounds. Setup map by placing one of the Core City Tiles on the table and set the City to level 4, 5, 6, 7 for 1, 2 ,3 or 4 players, respectively. Each player begins in this City and gets one Shield on the City card. This is your city, at the end of every Night Round it will be attacked by the tokens listed on the City base. Setup a stack of 4,5,6,7 Countryside Tiles on top of 3,4,5,6 Core Tiles to be revealed as normal.
Play proceeds as normal, except that at the end of every Night Round at least one player must be present in the City to defend it. Setup the next Day Round as normal, but during their first turn, all players present in the City must immediately forfeit any move actions and fight the wave of Monsters listed on the City base. This works like a Co-op City Assault, with players splitting up the attacking tokens as desired. Only players within the City at the start of the Round may defend the City. If no players are within the City at the start of any Day Round, you automatically lose. Attacking enemies do gain the ability of your city (ie. All attacks are Poison if you defend the Green City), but do not gain additional Fortification.
If you lose this combat, you lose the scenario. If you succeed, increase your City’s level by 2 (these are the enemies you will encounter at the start of the next Day Round) and continue play. At the end of the last Night Round, setup the next Day Round and fight one last battle: if you succeed, you win the game!
For added challenge, add 1, 2 Draconum to the final battle for 1-2, 3-4 players, respectively.

Let me know if you think this will be incredibly difficult (or too easy) or if you have any suggestions which might improve this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved this idea. Though for a solo game i think it would be hard, cause i want to go explore, get some advanced actions, artifacts and spells, and i dunno if imma be able to make it back for the night.
I'll give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
This is a pretty cool idea, but the city tiles all have mountains and lakes and dragons and crap on them, so they'd make for a difficult start at best -- it might be better to just put the city figurine in the middle of a countryside tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely a cool idea, but kinda working at odds with the way the game is set up.

Perhaps you could pre-set up the board with, say, your city tile (clear of hazards or replacing a village on a countryside tile) in the middle and then two concentric rings of tiles around it - with country in the middle ring and a mix of country and core in the outer ring. Then you could, each turn, have monsters enter from the edges of the map and make their way towards your city (say, 1 hex a turn). I'm thinking a castle panic style set up. That way, you could wait and defend the city or go out and confront them - so there'd be a strategic choice between heading them off and exploring (maybe risking leaving the city undefended) or hanging back so you can be sure you'll be able to defend. You'd have some time to explore the inner country tiles before the monsters showed up. The monsters could raise in level, quantity, and perhaps speed as the game went on - making a "go out and hunt" strategy less practical later and forcing you back to a final defense in the city.

Yup, you inspired me. I'm going to work on this some

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, not a bad idea, but I think starting with a City on a countryside tile would be a better idea.

Or, perhaps better still, start with the normal gate tile, and have the monsters "spawn" from the city(-ies) and head to the gate, if they enter the gate, you lose, but you can destroy the city to break the spawn point.

If we were to stick with the original plan, though, it'd be best to fight the monsters at the end of night, so you'd have the chance to use black mana empowered spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
single doubt wrote:
Yeah, not a bad idea, but I think starting with a City on a countryside tile would be a better idea.

Or, perhaps better still, start with the normal gate tile, and have the monsters "spawn" from the city(-ies) and head to the gate, if they enter the gate, you lose, but you can destroy the city to break the spawn point.

If we were to stick with the original plan, though, it'd be best to fight the monsters at the end of night, so you'd have the chance to use black mana empowered spells.

There a hand management tradeoff there, too. If you fight it at the end of night you can save good combat cards for the fight, but you can't make a mad dash to get back to the city just before the sun rises. I haven't tried it out either way yet, and don't even know which I think would be preferable, but it's another thing to think about balance-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Hello.

- If you start on a core tile, do youy have access to elite units right from the start?

- what is the status of others cities? Frinedly? Hostile? Which level?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.