Edward Calabig
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I love solo co-op games and was wondering how this game played solo. Does it play well solo or is it better suited to play with more people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo Play?
Is it worth buying for solo play only?
Best way to play this solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
calaedw wrote:
I love solo co-op games and was wondering how this game played solo. Does it play well solo or is it better suited to play with more people?

I don't own Yggdrasil, but I have Ghost stories, and play AH on vassal, solo...

DotR plays wanderfully solo (that is how I play it all the time). Just use 3 heroes (it is not hard to keep track of all their cards).
If with 3, the game is too easy, try with 2; if it's too hard, try it with 4.
If you want to use 1 character only, try the Royal blessing rules.

The game is VERY fun solo: lots of meaningfull decisions, without being a brain burner, even when handling 2+ heroes (their abilities are very easy to remember; plus, you only need to know them when that heroe's turn it is, so there is not THAT much you need to memorize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big thumbs up from me for solo play

I own all the games you listed. I enjoy all three solo (I actually got Yggdrasil a few weeks ago, lots of fun) but I'd say Defenders is my favorite.

It doesn't setup as quickly as Ghost Stories/Yggdrasil, but man is it awesome.

The whole "playing multiple characters" thing doesn't bother me, and if you play those other games by yourself you'll just fit right in.

One thing though, its a tough game and I like to set it up and leave it up till I win. Always leaves me putting it back in the box on a good note

Oh, and I was playing with 3 characters until I saw the designer mention it was balanced for 4. Now I play with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply the best game I have played solo, ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.