Subject: What does Laka score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the discription of the god it is said "1 point for each fruit shown on all his fruit tiles".
But the example of scoring on page 12 says "LAKA I: for 4 fruit tiles it scores 4 points." The picture seems to be unfortunate since there are only tiles with 1 fruit shown in the village. So, it's ambiguous.

A very good "rules explainer" who presented the game to us interpreted that Laka scores TILES not FRUIT.
So, how should it be? :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this had already been clarified on the forums here, but I'm pretty sure that every single fruit symbol scores. So buying "double fruit" tiles will make Laka score more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always played fruit ICONS not TILES. I believe the BGA implementation does this also, which would support the claim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
We also always play that the fruit icons score and not the number of fruity tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, I looked for this question but didn't find. But some threads have too vague titles, maybe I actually missed.

Nevertheless, thanks for replies :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masa kari
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now after the mini expansion i think the rule should be "you get 1/2 Points for every fruit on a tiles with fruit incomming"
I'm nearly sure that you get the points for the fruits on the Kampuna-Tile, too. Only for the fruit symbol at Laka-Tiles you don't get points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Voicu
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, Laka scores for the fruit icons in all your villages:
in example 1 there are one 2 fruit icons tile, and two 1 fruit icon tiles, and Laka II scores (2+1+1)*2 = 8 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.