Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weight on the Rolling Freight forum says 3.0... is that reasonable?

How would you rate the weight of this game compared to:

Ticket to Ride
Railways of the World: The Card Game
Railroad Tycoon
Age of Steam/ Steam
18xx

I'm guessing it is about the same weight or possibly a little heavier than Railways of the World: The Card Game but I'm curious what people who have played it think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this once so far, but I would say it falls between
Railroad Tycoon and Age of Steam.

It has a bit more you can do as far as development rather than just upgrading your trains, but the goods are set, so you don't have upgrade the cities.

I really enjoyed my play and am really thinking about picking it up. If you like Railroad Tycoon then I would recommend trying this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrocker wrote:

It has a bit more you can do as far as development rather than just upgrading your trains, but the goods are set, so you don't have upgrade the cities.

I really enjoyed my play and am really thinking about picking it up. If you like Railroad Tycoon then I would recommend trying this one.

Really? That's a lot heavier than I was thinking. Thanks for the heads-up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot comment on Railways of the World: The Card Game because I have yet to play it.

I would weight it between Ticket to Ride and Railroad Tycoon. Closer to the Railroad Tycoon than the Ticket to Ride.

It has a combination of track building with goods delivery...all modified by a 2 or 3 special abilities that give your company it's uniqueness.

Hope that helps!

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Thunder has it about right, beteen TtR and AoS/Steam. Takes about ten minutes to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a warning...this game has largely fallen flat with people who enjoy TTR here in my area of southern cal. While there are only a few actions to choose from, there are usually multiple decisions on which actions you choose so people wrestle with their decisions. I think the game is much closer to Steam/Railroad Tycoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrocker wrote:

I'm in the current math trade and am trying to decide whether to offer to trade Luna (OOP) for it... any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
abrocker wrote:

I'm in the current math trade and am trying to decide whether to offer to trade Luna (OOP) for it... any thoughts?

It's hard to say. I've only played Rolling Freight once so far, but I really enjoyed my play. I'm planning on picking it up when it becomes generally available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
I think Thunder has it about right, beteen TtR and AoS/Steam. Takes about ten minutes to explain.

Totally agree with this. My buddy whom owns Railroad Tycoon and Railways of the World (basically the same board game ya) dug this more than both of those but the overall heaviness we agreed is just under those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.