Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordi Gecu

Figueres
Catalunya
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One mounth without playing and I have doubts again.

Today I have played Dev1.

Beginning,

The British cross the brigde and Axis make a Fire Line.
2 Casualty points
2 squads are pinned there and the rest continue.

Next move, the same, 2 Casualty points by fire line.

Can I have 4 pinned squads in a hex or must i satisfy the stacking limits and kill half squad?

In the similar case, if I have a 3 squads and a lider, Can i reduce a squad to two half squad and after be pinned? (5 units in a hex).

Another question..
Can I have two squads with suport weapons each?

thanks for advance,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Stokes
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I have 4 pinned squads in a hex or must i satisfy the stacking limits and kill half squad?
I think this is resolved by the rules, section 6.9. If pinning a squad in a hex would exceed stacking limits, then that squad cannot be pinned, and must be reduced/eliminated.

In the similar case, if I have a 3 squads and a lider, Can i reduce a squad to two half squad and after be pinned? (5 units in a hex).
I don't think a full squad can ever be "reduced" to two half squads and pinned to fulfill casualty points, see section 14.61 for the possible ways to apply casualty points. They must be reduced to a single half squad, then pinned, or pinned as a full squad. Or eliminated entirely!

Can I have two squads with suport weapons each?
Section 12.2 states "Support weapons do not count towards stacking limits." so absolutely you can have two squads with their own support weapons, but not two support weapons for one squad.

Hope this helps!
Casey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Gecu

Figueres
Catalunya
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Casey, thank you very much for your answer, it helps me

About to applying the casualty points, now I see that I was wrong.

About support weapons for the squads, i thought the same.

And about the first point, the Stacking limits, ok, i undestand that always must be satisfy the satcking limits.

Really it's logical but it can be very dangerous. If you are in a bottleneck hex with fire line or normal opportunity fire, like in the images, you can lose a lot of squads. You can have more lost by stacking limits than by the enemy fire ...

See you,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.