Bomber Command» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wild Boar and Flak attack on Main Raid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Moorhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
When you have a main raid that is moved through its target hex in the move raid phase so that the first bomber stream counter is in the hex. You, of course, add the Bomb Drop counter to the target city. Next turn the whole raid moves on and is no longer in the target hex at all but the Resolve Bombing counter is on the target City. Are Flak and Wild Boar combat still executed in the hex? Can Tame boar infiltration take place in the hex? If not then surely it is better to have your raid arrive in this manner than for your first raid counter to land on the hex on the arrival turn and your back bomber stream counter be in the hex on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rémi Lemaire
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I have not played the game yet, but let's make a tentative of answer to see if I have correctly understood the rules.

Concerning Flak and Wild Boar, the answer for me is yes, rule 9.1.2 indicates that Flak and Wild Boar Combat markers can be placed in a hex when a raid or bomber stream enters during the Raid Move Phase a hex containing a city that the raid is currently bombing, so it has no importance if the raid or bomber stream actually leaves or not the hex during te same Raid Move Phase.

Concerning Tame Boar, the answer for me is yes too, rule 9.4.2 states that "A TE unit in the same hex as a city marked with a bombing marker may roll to infiltrate, even if no raid is detected or placed on the map there." See too in the same paragraph difference between Berlin and Downfall scenario regarding infiltrations.

Rémi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Next turn the 2nd Stream counter will still be passing through the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan, assuming this is a Berlin raid, on the second turn Flak and Wild Boar attacks would be executed in the hex.

The relevant references are:

7.2.1 Bomber Streams. An attack on a stream is an attack on the raid.

7.2.2 Berlin Raid Streams. This explains how the raid is vulnerable for both turns it transits the target. Contrast with the following rule section 7.2.3 on Downfall Raid streams.

9.1.2 Movement and Combat. This describes how raids with streams interact during movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.