Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Re: PBF # 20: An oldie but a goodie - 5p Resistance, no variant
I haven't received a role yet, but I would like to state for the record that I will be trying a different writing style and/or character for this game, so comparisons to my previous two games may be unreliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
...and role received. Not spy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, everybody!

Resistance members are always the first to show up, right ? We have nothing to hide!

Thanks Emily for the invitation!

Looking forward a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello everyone!
It's nice to be back in a game.

Quote:
Raid1280
improvius
Mike_Bonn
Sigismundoh
eunoia

Emily, is this the player order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome. Raid, you should pick me for 1.1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That was fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, sup. Pumped to play my first PBF with you all.

Just a little fyi, I expect that the majority of my posting will be during work hours and I am EST. Weekends I will check in every once and a while but the posting will be less frequent than during the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Welcome, Sig/Jason. My posting will usually be on my working hours as well, but to you guys, it will mostly meant night time or even latter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekends will also be slow for me guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Raid1280 wrote:
improvius wrote:
Awesome. Raid, you should pick me for 1.1.

Excellent, let's do this then.

Mission 1.1 - Raid/Imp

Woohoo! Voted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid, any specific reasoning for you/improvius? I'm a little more green than some of you I think based on browsing the PBF. Is there a standard to pick the player to your left when you are the leader? Just a random pick while we have no info to work with? Or because he simply asked you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
Eunoia, who do you think the other spies are?

I have no idea. Voted as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's a early. I must say that since I am not on the mission that it leads to me not being a big fan of the mission since there is a greater chance of a spy on it. Also after browsing through the strat posts and a few other play by forums I've been convinced that there is value to see a few mission proposals thrown around for 1.x so that we have more votes and general chit chat around them.

However having said that I am not a huge fan of automatically no voting till 1.5 as that allows any potential spies on 1.1-1.4 to pick however they want w/o fear of the mission going. In reality there has to be some chance that 1.1-1.4 might go or we give the spies the advantage of not proposing missions honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote in, off to bed. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Eric, I love the enthusiasm you're bringing to the table, but I'm not ready to break my current streak of no-votes yet.

Cesar, tell me who I should invite for 1.2. Difficulty: it can't be you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Raid1280 wrote:
improvius wrote:
Eric, I love the enthusiasm you're bringing to the table, but I'm not ready to break my current streak of no-votes yet.

Check that.

I think Imp should pick who he wants, not who someone else suggests.

My proposal, my game. I want to hear what Cesar has to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Raid1280 wrote:
improvius wrote:
Raid1280 wrote:
improvius wrote:

Check that.

I think Imp should pick who he wants, not who someone else suggests.

My proposal, my game. I want to hear what Cesar has to say.

Yep, and asking other players for that info is an easy way to frame the hell out of them later.

I don't think Cesar should suggest anything.

Your cards. Your proposal. Your picks.

I'm not picking anything until Cesar and I have a little discussion here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Do we really need to quote the quote of the quoted quote ? So annoying. Well, I'll try not to.

Imp, if you are not picking me then our chances as resistance are low. Because of all the combinations left only one will be with 2 resistance members. This is a risk I'm not willing to take and I'd vote NO for such a proposal.

That said, pick someone but not Raid so we can see how everyone else will vote for a different team. Perhaps we will gather useful information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent answer, MB! See, Raid, you had nothing to worry about. Cesar didn't give anything away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Sigismundoh wrote:
However having said that I am not a huge fan of automatically no voting till 1.5 as that allows any potential spies on 1.1-1.4 to pick however they want w/o fear of the mission going. In reality there has to be some chance that 1.1-1.4 might go or we give the spies the advantage of not proposing missions honestly.

So we shouldn't let the spies make dishonest proposals. That's a fascinating way to put it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah and since I am in the 1.4 seat I know that one, if not both of the spies are going to make a proposal before me. If it gets to 1.5 and Euonia is a spy he probably wouldn't risk a 2 spy mission since he would have to either give us a point for free, or try and co-ordinate with his spy partner on who fails or risk a double fail which is game over in 5p on M1.

So I would like to see some proposals from all 3 of you of course on one hand, but there is probably some sort of game theory amount of time that we should send a team so that we keep the spies honest. It's probably something like 25% or lower I would guess, I'm not actually good enough with math to figure that out. That is why I love this game it's a mind screw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I like Sig. He's chatty. Maybe I should take him on 1.2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
Sigismundoh wrote:
Yeah and since I am in the 1.4 seat I know that one, if not both of the spies are going to make a proposal before me. If it gets to 1.5 and Euonia is a spy he probably wouldn't risk a 2 spy mission since he would have to either give us a point for free, or try and co-ordinate with his spy partner on who fails or risk a double fail which is game over in 5p on M1.

Pro-tip Sig, this entire paragraph something that should never be uttered from anyone in the game, in my opinion, specifically the bolded parts. Not only are you giving eunoia things to consider, you could very well be trying to signal him with a post like this.

At this point, it's very easy to consider you and eunoia a spy pair and this entire paragraph is you trying to slip him something he may or may not be thinking.

Quote:

Thanks for the advice it's hard for me to realize what parts of my brain dump are good to post or not. I'm just kind of laying it all out there. I will try and be more thoughtful in my posts. This is a little trickier than face to face due to the post by post nature.

So I would like to see some proposals from all 3 of you of course on one hand,

And on the other hand,....what exactly? You don't want to see proposals from all of us? Or did you just want your spy partner eunoia to take care of the one spy-mission you proposed in the above paragraph?

On the other hand I was saying I think that there has to be some chance that missions before 1.5 will have a chance of going or we give spies an advantage. I thought that was clear. Does that makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Raid1280 wrote:
Sigismundoh wrote:

Pro-tip Sig, this entire paragraph something that should never be uttered from anyone in the game, in my opinion, specifically the bolded parts. Not only are you giving eunoia things to consider, you could very well be trying to signal him with a post like this.

Helpful post, Raid. You've given Sig a thing or two to consider before he makes another comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote failure.

This paragraph should have been outside of quotes, but instead got buried.

"Thanks for the advice it's hard for me to realize what parts of my brain dump are good to post or not. I'm just kind of laying it all out there. I will try and be more thoughtful in my posts. This is a little trickier than face to face due to the post by post nature.

So I would like to see some proposals from all 3 of you of course on one hand, "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.