Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DL 4 Hunt for Golem Victory dance! Session

1 hand solo 3 hero’s
Arragh the agony this games puts you through!
I think developed a sunken vacant eye and shabby look in the need to complete this and gain 1 victory!
Net searching at work for tactics strategy and decks! Dreaming plays and counters!

Was it just lucky? I do not know but I won nothing was missed no corners cut
I’ve even made little card board token to remind me when events or allies cost 1 more due to a location,

Me preciousness I’ve beaten you at last!

But like the film I needed allies my deck building was not enough, nether was just owning the core and hunt for golem, I need to get the whole Mirkwood cycle
I got dwarf expansion too, I even sold the game once then bought it back! It drove me that crazy!

Well now the journey begins the 1st easy DL 4 quest is done triumphantly, I don’t even know who I should thank for the elf spirit lore /deck I used!

I sorry to say I took a few losses while learning the deck

But my last game played like a tense nightmarish dream!

Though we suffered no lasting wounds on the hunt the threat was always sky high
I think it was about 5 losses before a win with the threat on a last turn of 48!

I hope you can use more then 1 card in protector of Lorien a turn! As I think I used 7 to 10 on 2 occasions

And I hope you win before the monster attack just by completing the required 8 progress on the last quest card!

Its them hunters what always gotss me +2 shadow per clue! Often 2 clues out and 2 hunters! making a quest total way in its teens + locations! Horrible! You have to quest to stop your threat rise you have to not quest to kill the blooming monsters! Arrrrgh!

Well finaly I hit the right pace and luck and resource management! I was able to hold of the hunters engagement to play weak allies to help quest then feed the unlucky quest allies to the hunters once engaged as meat shields and very lucky draw ineffective shadow effects!

A Gandalf and two Galadahis greetings, a well timed mathon and the card eating quest machine that is protector of lorien (if I played it right)

I can finally put the easiest quest of the lord of the rings Living card game behind me and ticket of my bucket list…(easiest not including picnic in mirkwood the 1st core quest which sorely makes you think the game is tame.. )

But now I feel I’ve just reached just a small low ridge with massive mountain to climb the dread conflict at the Carrock next!!!

In writing this I feel I succumbed to some Cthulu eqsue demurer of insanity but I will complete the set!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great game.

And just think, at some point you'll be beating Return to Mirkwood solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.