Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can convert any neutral building into a residence. But, which of your own buidlings can you convert? Is it limited to the farms (wood and/or stone) and the building which produces stone and/or cloth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can convert any of your wood or stone buildings into a residence except the Lawyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
You can turn any of your buildings and any of the neutral buildings into a residence EXCEPT for the following:

1. The lawyer (the building that lets you build residences),

2. Other residences,

3. Blue buildings,

4. The pre-printed buildings (gate, jousting, etc.)

Another way to state the same thing: Any pink building, or any of your owned Brown or Grey buildings EXCEPT the Lawyer.

(edit: funny, Brandon's post says the same thing, but I saw Todd's post and not Brandon's when I posted... despite Brandon's being "first"...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I know you can convert any neutral building into a residence. But, which of your own buidlings can you convert? Is it limited to the farms (wood and/or stone) and the building which produces stone and/or cloth?

The Rule Book wrote:
c) the lawyer
The lawyer allows the player to transform a neutral building (with a pink background) or one of their own craft buildings into a residential building (with a green background).

I can't find a definition of "craft buildings" per se in the rule book, but there is a definition of "construction buildings" that have a defined ability to built "wood craft buildings (tiles with a brown background)" and "stone craft buildings (tiles with a gray background)".

Hence, I believe the intent is that you can replace any pink buildings, and any brown or gray buildings with your colour markers on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leeds55 wrote:
I can't find a definition of "craft buildings" per se in the rule book,

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that "craft building" is a bad translation that should be "crafted" or "built" buildings, meaning those buildings that you built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the architect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
What about the architect?

Haven't got the game to hand, but doesn't the architect have a gray background? IIRC, there have been discussions about building over the architect & then rebuilding it. Certainly this is an option for other buildings such as the Church.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodan Lakočević
Macedonia
Skopje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build residence buildings over the Mason tile? If so, you block further building of stone buildings. Only possible way after that to build stone buildings is by using the favors. It seems like a strategy in the game, but I'm not sure about it. Any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
cobeyug wrote:
Can you build residence buildings over the Mason tile? If so, you block further building of stone buildings. Only possible way after that to build stone buildings is by using the favors. It seems like a strategy in the game, but I'm not sure about it. Any thoughts on this?

You could rebuild the mason tile.

Caylus rules wrote:
The lawyer allows the player to transform a neutral building (with a pink background) or one of their own craft buildings into a residential building (with a green background). To transform a building, the player must give the stock 1 cloth cube and 1 denier. Then, the player replaces the chosen building with a residential building and immediately gains 2 prestige points.

(Note the word "replaces", not "covers".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.