Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 1 of the 2012 NFL Draft is complete--did your team pick the right guy? If so, why? If not, why not? Did they stretch for the pick? Is the player drafted a lock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start--being a Chiefs fan (no jokes, please), I think they drafted for need and did "alright" (not great). The entire front 3 are now 1st Round Picks with one clear bust (Jackson) and one so-so at best (Dorsey). Add another "risk pick" to that front and we will have another season of striving for 8-8 . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Cardinals fan I am OK with the draft of Michael Floyd.

I would have picked Reiff because our O-Line needs a lot of help.
But Floyd also fills a need and keeps Fitzgerald happy so I cannot complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Packers have been a bust on first round DEs before, and USC LB Nick Perry looks to be a risk to be the same, especially since they'll put him at DE. I do think that TT lied to the fans this year when he girded his position about taking the best player available. This was a pick based upon need.

More intriguing to me is honestly the rumor that they're pursuing Colt McCoy as a backup QB. THAT would make me very happy. I love that kid.

EDIT: One source claimed that Perry was in his list of top 10 players in the draft and graded the pick an A+ as a fit for the 3-4 defense Capers runs. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, the Titans obviously drafted the person that they thought was the best player available, rather than drafting to their needs. I guess I'm okay with that, as it's a good strategy in the long run. However, in the short term, I worry about our defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the player never playing a down yet, I'm moderately pleased with the Bills first pick. Barron wasn't there and neither was Kalil or Kuechly, so... on a scale from 1-10, 1 being bad, 10 being great and 5 being average... I give the pick a 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Browns fan, I'm exhausted and despondent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt F
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Lions fan, I'm quite happy they picked Reiff at 23.

Anyone who can help keep Stafford upright and throwing is OK by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to seeing Fletcher Cox in the midnight Eagles green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Well, the Packers have been a bust on first round DEs before, and USC LB Nick Perry looks to be a risk to be the same, especially since they'll put him at DE. I do think that TT lied to the fans this year when he girded his position about taking the best player available. This was a pick based upon need.

More intriguing to me is honestly the rumor that they're pursuing Colt McCoy as a backup QB. THAT would make me very happy. I love that kid.

EDIT: One source claimed that Perry was in his list of top 10 players in the draft and graded the pick an A+ as a fit for the 3-4 defense Capers runs. We'll see.

Nah, they will want to use him as an outside linebacker and they will move their 2nd round pick DT Jerel Worthy to a defensive end position. As bad as our defense was last year, this 2 guys could come into camp, kick some ass and be starters next year.

Edit: and we just now picked and DB out of Vanderbilt with our 2nd pick of the 2nd round. Confirming what every Packer and NFL fan knew. The Packers defense is in need of serious help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWF1 wrote:
As a Lions fan, I'm quite happy they picked Reiff at 23.

Anyone who can help keep Stafford upright and throwing is OK by me.

What he said.

Oh, and now we've got a receiver to draw some defensive attention away from Megatron...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.