Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that terrain and historical leaders are placed at the begining of battles per scenario setup. I also know that terrain cannot be placed from your hand after the battle starts. My question is, can new leaders be placed into battles for one command like combat units are, or are they only used for orders and what leaders you get at the beginning of battles is what you get?

I am sure I am overlooking it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules 2.2.1 wrote:
Indicates the scenarios in which the leader may actively participate. Unless playing a non-historical “random” scenario, leaders not available for a specific scenario may only be used as Orders cards.

I don't recall whether some scenarios have leaders that arrive after the battle starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None do. I don't think you can play them from your hand onto the battle like you can combat units. All it says is "units" which I know mean cavalry, crossbowmen, etc, but can't find a rule on whether leaders are included in them or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
United Kingdom
Holmfirth
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Normally any additional leader cards drawn are only playable as orders. However there are some scenarios that do allow specific leaders to be played onto the battlefield as additional leaders, it's specified in the special rules of the scenario. The battle of Blore Heath scenario has some specific rules for playing Lord Dudley as a leader. I think there are other scenarios with similar rules. In random scenarios all leaders, except the ones in the initial setup, are only playable as orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. That pretty much says they can only be used for orders. Great game, just ironing out the kinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer steps in to find that all is in order ... carry on ... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tiadina
Italy
Varese
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the same topic for another question about the leaders: can I move committed leaders or are they considered like attacking units, and so they cannot move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think they can move once commited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.