Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I have TtR: Europe, but I'm looking at getting the base game as well. I was wondering if the 2nd or 3rd editions have the same size cards as 1st edition (the mini-euro), or if they made them bigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quint Wheeler
United States
North Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Q
badge
Q
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they still have the small cards. But the 1910 expansion comes with the full size versions of all the base game cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Z
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwheeler wrote:
I believe they still have the small cards. But the 1910 expansion comes with the full size versions of all the base game cards.

Yep! All editions of original TTR have the small cards. The only way to get normal sized cards is with the USA 1910 expansion.
On a side note, I'd definitely like to see DOW release a "special edition" TTR that has the full game plus all the cards to play the original, mystery train (with all cards), and 1910 cards. Perhaps as a 10 year anniversary "Special Edition" release. Hint, hint DOW. Then the next year they could follow up with a 10 year anniversary special edition TTR Europe which includes Europa 1912!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flipshot wrote:
qwheeler wrote:

Yep! All editions of original TTR have the small cards. The only way to get normal sized cards is with the USA 1910 expansion.
On a side note, I'd definitely like to see DOW release a "special edition" TTR that has the full game plus all the cards to play the original, mystery train (with all cards), and 1910 cards. Perhaps as a 10 year anniversary "Special Edition" release. Hint, hint DOW. Then the next year they could follow up with a 10 year anniversary special edition TTR Europe which includes Europa 1912!

Europe and Marklin both came with full-size cards. We have all the sets and the ONLY one I can think of that has the stupid tiny cards is USA.

We definitely like the bigger cards better. They are easier to handle.
JAZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
While the train deck in original TTR still has the small cards, the composition of the train cards deck is exactly the same as that used in TTR: Europe, which you already own. This means you can use the cards you already own with the new board, and you won't have any problems at all. The tickets will still be small, but they don't require anywhere near as much handling.

(And for those who don't have this option, Days of Wonder sell replacement card sets separately, so you can just buy a TTR: Europe card set for US$5 and have full-size train cards for use with your USA map. Also, TTR 1910 includes larger versions of the train card deck and all the original game's tickets, in addition to the extra play options provided with the new tickets, for US$20.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Loves Happiness!!!
United States
Eagle Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you folks like the mini size cards? I guess because we got the card holders in TTR:Asia and we have limited table space, they seem convenient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Red_Sounding wrote:
Why don't you folks like the mini size cards? I guess because we got the card holders in TTR:Asia and we have limited table space, they seem convenient.

I've played with mini-size playing cards before on road trips and found that they work great when shuffling a 52 card deck. But TTR has over twice as many - 110 - not too easy to shuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.