Michal Stepowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
After a few games we have a quite difficukt problem to solve.

Some cards after playing results in "removing all PC markers" in chosen province - except of the fields with units.

Question is:

How should be treated "garrisons" in this case? Are they treated like ordinary PC markers and thus have to be removed? Or are they treated as units - and therefore city with garrison is not lost after event.

Some cards (like some revolts) are clearly stating, that garrison marker has to be removed/replaced - e.g. Kharkhemish revolt

Unfortunatelly I have no game at hand at the moment so I cannot quote specific card.

edit: I`ve just realised, that the same problem is with Diplomacy event - is this possible to remove garrison from city somewhere on the map and replace it with own pc marker, or again - is this possible only with pc marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say, Garrisons are neither PC markers nor Units - they are Garrisons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stepowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Almecho wrote:
I'd say, Garrisons are neither PC markers nor Units - they are Garrisons. :)

Thats right - but in some places they are described as "not combat unit"; in some others rulebook claims, that they have functions of PC markers.
So even if some of us have serious doubts about that, we are removing garrisons along with PC markers during such events. Thats why I finally decided to seek an answer here - whether I like answer or not ;) this will finally spare some time wasted on discussions every time we are playing :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think garrisons are intended to be removed. The distinction is clearly PC markers or garrison units. At least that's the way I play it.

Garrisons represent troops occupying a city and therefore are likely to remain in place, whereas PC markers represent a more abstract control.

Hope this interpretation helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.