Subject: The Encounter Step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Des
Italy
Capua (Caserta)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Encounter Step, when the hero must choose 1 card to encounter, He resolves the card with the lowest priority number that affects his current location.

But, I give you this example:

During the Encounter Step, the Hero is in Eregion and draws 3 cards:

a) one card doesn't affect current location or region;

b) one card affects current location (Eregion), priority number 4;

c) one card affects any location in current region, priority number 3;

I have to choose card b) or c) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to play the card for option C, since both B & C apply to the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
The lowest numbers should always be the specific location, and as the numbers get higher it moves to Any location in (Region) and then Any Location. So you would play the lowest one, but I don't think your example can be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nesci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As oriecat said, in the game specific location cards have priority over the generic ones by having a lower number. The numbers make a better rule than just saying that "specific trumps general" or something like that because by ranking the whole deck they also took care of breaking ties should you draw more than one card for the same location.
The way the rules are written, however, the location has nothing to do with priority so, with a different deck like the one you described and the rules as written you would have to pick card c)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.