Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[geekurl=http://www.tanga.com/deals/8e74a10faa0/hawaii-the-board-game][/geekurl]

This is about $5.00 cheaper than anywhere.

I have had a hard to finding it. It's out of stock at B&B

To name one place Cool Stuff has this for $29.99 +Shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hawaii on Tanga $20.99 +$6.99 S+H
fwiw best price is $24 with free ship on $100+ orders from scifi city.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekads/viewall/thing/106217

I don't recall hearing about this game but 3 of my geek buds give it a 7.5 or above... another gives it just a 5 though saying
Quote:
There's a lot going on here, but rather than challenging or interesting it all felt a bit needlessly busy and fiddly to me. Also a bit dry and puzzle-like. Described as a cross between Vikings and Stone Age, but I don't see it. I like both of those games quire a bit, while Hawaii left me underwhelmed.

looks like 1st time no Tanga and if we know anything that means it will get lower and lower as the game gets re-offered so I'll hold out for a better deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second most popular game I've purchased this year. I would HEARTILY recommend it. FWIW, I own Stone Age and Vikings and this game isn't like that. I really don't like to own games that I consider substantially similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the 3rd game this month Tanga has made available so soon after I just purchased a copy elsewhere. Haven't had a chance to play my copy yet, From the research I did before my purchase it seemed like most people's complaint was the long setup time, which I can believe since it took forever punching out all the bits. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Flores
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this from CSI a week ago. I have played it 3 times and my wife and I really enjoyed it. The board changes each game, which makes it fun. I have used a different strategy each time we played. 2-player game is fun and we are looking forward to playing with more players.

Set up does take a bit, but my wife and I agree it is about the same set up time as Puerto Rico and Agricola.
Key to a quick set up, is using the baggies provided to put it up in a way that makes the next set up easier.

We like the art and theme, but my wife is partial to all things Hawaii, since she went to school there for 3 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Jesse Dean gave this one a good review, so it might be one of my few Tanga pickups. In any case, linkypoo: Hawaii

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juflosolo wrote:
Key to a quick set up, is using the baggies provided to put it up in a way that makes the next set up easier.

Yep. I have a little baggie for each island "rectangle". I just toss all of the little baggies out and everyone grabs a few and sets up. No problem at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, ordered. Better than spending even more to reach the free shipping levels. Must....show....restraint......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun game. Lots of replay value with the modular board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Flores
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runehardt wrote:
Fun game. Lots of replay value with the modular board.

I agree, this game will get a lot of table time in my home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Cool. Jesse Dean gave this one a good review, so it might be one of my few Tanga pickups. In any case, linkypoo: Hawaii

I have seen Tom Vasels 2part-review and had the impression that he was slightly less enthusiastic about the game. He might not suggest playing it. Though the SDJ jury seem to like the game a bit more than Tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my copy for the first time yesterday. No regrets buying it. A whole lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.