Subject: Hunting down an old idea ... Carcassonne Cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned elsewhere, my latest "boardgame design addiction" is to design something using half-inch wooden cubes. One idea that sprang to mind was to make a game where the players roll their cubes (say, 6 to 10 of them for each player) ... and then they try to piece together the face-up faces like a puzzle.

Part of the idea is from having seen something called a Carcassonne Cube in the past ... and rather than ask my fellow forum dwellers to search it for me, I decided to do some hunting myself.

So, here's what I found:

5/14/2009 : Tom Scutt's CarCubes from a PnP contest using Dice

3/2/2010 : Gwommy the Purple's "Yahzee-Carcassonne"; where in the comments, Kolja Geldmacher says that he had a similar idea ...
Flashhawk wrote:
I once tried to sell my carcassonne dice version to HiG but they did not like it enough, telling me they have one on hold themself...

And then I found myself wandering around the halls of the games with cubes-used-to-generate-a-dungeon-or-path:

Railroad Dice 2

Minotaur!

I actually like that Minotaur game concept a lot. Very simple and elegant, and yet it seems that it can be a very interesting game to play.

Anyway ... those are currently what I'm staring at to gain some sort of inspiration for my own design. Do you guys have any other suggestions of games of this "type" that I can look at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
This isn't really a game by itself, but more of an aid for RPGs. It's along the lines of what you're talking about, though:

Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
intrepideddie wrote:
This isn't really a game by itself, but more of an aid for RPGs. It's along the lines of what you're talking about, though:

Dice

That is Full Of WIN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.