Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maligno Cattiveri
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading a lot of FAQs, forums and various stuff, maybe I've found the good way to play Abandoned Mine. What do you think?

Considering that:

- Drawing cards from the discard pile happens only in Phase 1.
- Played cards go in the discard pile.
- Discarded cards go in the deck.
- Abandoned mine only affects the player who is currently playing, not the other ones.
- Abandoned mine doesn't apply to characters (FAQ explanation on why José Delgado doesn't discard blue cards in the draw pile).

That means that:

P1 draws (discard pile)
P1 plays Cat Balou on P2. As CB is played, it goes on the discard pile. As the other card is discarded by the other player it goes also on the discard pile.
P1 plays Duel on P2 (discard), P2 discards Bang! (discard), P1 discards Bang! (deck)... and so on.
P1 plays Tequila. The Tequila card goes on the discard pile while the card used to activate the tequila goes on the deck.
P1 plays Winchester. Later on P1 plays Volcanic. The Winchester goes on the deck.
P1 happens to be Sid Ketchum. He discards two cards to regain one life point. Those cards go on the discard pile.

Everything right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Taylor
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bang the bullet but some of these cards that are mentioned in this forum I must be missing, like Abandoned mine, sniper, binoculars. What expansion do these cards come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards were renamed between editions of the game. Appaloosa became either sniper or binoculars. I forget if there were others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.