Subject: Day of SMG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to put together a day of SMG. My FLGS has gladly offered the (all be it small) playing space, to run some gaming. The shop is Men at Arms, in Middle Island on Long Island. The day, Saturday 5/12. Drop me a line if you are interested.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

As i just emailed you, i may have a prior commitment that is still up in the air, but if i can make it, i will. Would love to get a game in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Looking forward to meeting you there today and getting in some SMG! Let's remember to take some pics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First a shout out to Jim of Men at Arms. Thanks for being a gracious host and letting us play in your store. Next to my fellow combatants, Andrew and Hermann, nice to meet you fellows, I believe a good time was had by all.
For a game, Hermann had "Real estate the hardway" all ready to go, so we played 2 (German) against 1 (American). I'm not good with the color, so let me just say that this game was no blow-out. The poor Germans, although albe to get their MG-42 well placed, the gunner could not even hit the broadside of the house he was in. It took 3 rounds of whithering fire to ring down one poor lucky bastard (thank you Wakes). The Americans slowly advanced along the borad hugging all cover they could, while the Germans held the line.
Slowly but surely the American advanced and whittled down the Germans, man by man. In the closing two turns, it was a mad dash across open ground for 2 Americans and into close combat. Initative was a deciding factor as the Amreicans won the day.
It was great to sit down with 2 gamers who liked nothing better the good company and a good game. We had both. For me actually playing through what I have been pouring over, was a lot of help in bringing it all together.
Can't wait to get my hand on the Fighting Positions and try them out.
All in all, a great Day of SMG. If it is ever availble retail, we'll help Jim out with some demo games.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I had a great time. Thanks again Chris for setting this up. It was nice to meet you guys.

It was a fun game, but once we saw the advancing line of Americans and we took the losing end of those first few rounds of close combat, i knew the writing was on the wall for us.

I took some pictures during the game which i will try to upload from my phone and add to the thread.

Again, it was great to meet you. We'll have to do this again sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well unfortunately many of the pictures i took were declined, but 2 were able to make the cut:

Here the Americans were beginning their long advance down the map, as the Germans hunkered down and waited for them.

After a long firefight that was fairly even, the Germans decided to rush. They would soon regret this hasty decision....

Again, thanks for the fun gameday, guys. Looking forward to doing it again sometime...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
slyde wrote:
Well unfortunately many of the pictures i took were declined, but 2 were able to make the cut:

You could upload some images to your own gallery, and then post them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! It was a real pleasure meeting you both and enjoying an afternoon of gaming. That was the best game of SMG I've played so far - and the longest. Great fun and I look forward to doing it again real soon.
Thanks! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
slyde wrote:

You could upload some images to your own gallery, and then post them here.

thats a good point Karl. I can try to do that later today....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey guys! It was a real pleasure meeting you both and enjoying an afternoon of gaming. That was the best game of SMG I've played so far - and the longest. Great fun and I look forward to doing it again real soon.
Thanks! Hermann

agreed! It was great meeting you guys....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff guys. Looks like fun! I taught a guy in my game group the game last night and he really enjoyed it.

What orders did you guys have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order was to capture over half of the Landmarks.

There is nothing better then getting together with a couple of guys who want nothing more then to play (and learn) a new game, share some stories, have a few laughs and just enjoy the pleasure of playing a fun game. A good time was had by all.

I hope that in the future we will be able to run a few demos for our patron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe our orders as the Germans were to capture or kill every enemy we encountered. We didnt come close

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.