Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We are setting up the EV1 escenario, and we cannot agree on how many flight plans can draw the IAF player.

We are playing on the second wave. How many Flight Plans can draw the IAF player? It seems that the whole wave is one raid, so one flight plan only but it's hard to believe that the planes attacking Al Jifjadah will have to fly within two hexes of Beni Suef and leave the board by north edge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After posting this doubt we found that the Dassault Ouragans can only reach Al Jifjadah (using fuel tanks) and they cannot cross the Canal Suez, so it's impossible for a single raid to attack all the targets.

Thus we decided to allow multiple Israeli raids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Carreras Salvadó
Spain
Vilablareix
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmb
As I understood from consimworld you can draw a flight plan for each target. The multiple targets planning is confusing in the rulebook because it was adapted from Downtown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was wondering if we've put this one to bed yet. Can we assume that since T-Mo hasn't chimed in, that he's OK with the 'multiple flight path' consensus? Does anyone know what the IAF really did in this attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backin the day I read some discussions in CSW and it really was not that clear. What was clear is that the designer allowed ample space for the players to adapt the game. It is more a system than a game and the scenarios are proposals to play real events, and they are changed if new data from the fight is discovered, without concern to balance. Balance is adapted adding VP.

Sooo... I'd make a raid for each target and fly away. The focus is more on having the correct planes and weapons and combat ranges than limiting playability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.