Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: A few thought on the posibilities of Zombicide map editor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So about now om just as hyped on this game as it seems a lot of you are and I started wondering what this map editor might do for the game..

As a long time fan of LNOE (although Im a bit fed up by now), I too kept my fingers crossed hoping that Flying Frog would one day, some how, turn LNOE into a big city zombie action game or maybe let it take place in a mall, army base, theme park, creepy hospital etc.. Well I dont know how they would do it and it seems a bit like its kinda to late for them now, to enhance the size of the table (I know Blood in the Forrest, is on its way, but still).

BUT with the so far simple, yet tactical rules of Zombicide AND the map editor out for grabs The posibilities might be endless. Lets face it, since the tiles aren't hand drawn but (looks like they're) computer made, people might have started making homemade tiles sooner or later even if the map editor wasn't released. But since it is, we can hope that CMON and the designers really endore this and instead of fighting the homemade stuff or compete against it, they decide to make it a buisness and maybe release updates for the map editor every now and then. Example.. Police station designs: x dollars. Including everything you need to create PD tiles, from stools desks and computer screens to holding cells and of course armory.

Even if they don't make updates, im pretty sure people will find a way to find the designs they want to create whatever scenario and tile that might suit them.. My first thought was bying some of Worldworks http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&... Mayhem section, and with some photoshoping and a good printer, mall tiles does not seem that far away.
Since zombicide does not use a grid or hexogon system, we're not even restricted to making the tiles have the same size, shape or even be on a street. You could do like Mansion of Madness just by letting each tile be a small room functioning as one, two or three squares http://boardgamegeek.com/image/818420/mansions-of-madness. So why even stop their? you could have scenarioes taking place in one single large building instead of just roaming small building in the streets..

Wanna show Rick Grimes how they were supposed to defend Hershel's farm? Create a set of rural farm tiles with a few scenario rules attached.. Maybe a barricade rule would come in handy

Wonder how Tallahassee and Columbus made it through that amusement park?
Create a themepark setting.. but remember it's not going to bee easy to know who to double tap, in the Hall of Mirrors.

And what if Shaun and Ed spend a little shopping time in a mall before trying for the last stand back at the Winchester.. Would Ed still have to live in the shack afterwards?

Okay I am getting a bit carried away here, Im just trying to inspire viewers and designers to see what might happen if CMON keeps focusing on making cool simple rules, with tactical options and a hell lot of zombies, survivors or other kind of suiteable antagonists and let the gaming community turn Zombicide into the greatest zombie game so far! Instead of constantly waiting for expansions to arrive and when they finally do, they are usually way to expensive and filled with all sorts of extra rules that might not fit into your gaming group, this game could have a stream of small releases from design updates to minis and official scenarioes... Released every couple of month or 6, thus keeps fans not constantly waiting for something that might end up dissapointing them in the end.

Please do comment if you agree or find my ideas to much..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Whitmore
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Your ideas are fantastic! I know that smart and dedicated gamers out there are probably going to try all of those scenarios.

What about something like a highway full of stopped cars with a scenario where you have to start at one end and then make it to the other fighting your way through zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm totally with you on this. There's so much stuff possible.

I look at the Mayhem stuff from WorldWorks and it look really great.

I'm already planning à 10-player 'Royal Rumble / Last man Standing' with Zombies spawning from every corner in a junkyard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nswhitmo1987 wrote:
Your ideas are fantastic! I know that smart and dedicated gamers out there are probably going to try all of those scenarios.

What about something like a highway full of stopped cars with a scenario where you have to start at one end and then make it to the other fighting your way through zombies.

Reminds me of the scene at the beginning of the first season of The Walking Dead when Rick is riding on the horsey out of town

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Good one, with the highway.. Could be very cool, since this game also has the posibilities og using cars.. Roadblocks Would be nice and probably full of stuff to loot.. Since this game use cars, It almost a must that someone will make some really large maps, where you get the feeling of driving from point A to B..

Personally Im looking forward to see a fan created abandoned hospital. And scenarioes taking place in this huge building, made entirely from single hospital room tiles putted together.. uhhh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.