Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Does the location that the card is placed on need to meet one of the icons on the cards or is it ok if all of the icon requirements are met just from adjacent spaces? For example, if a card has brown & red icons, can it be played on a green space that is adjacent to a brown and red space or must it be played on either a brown or red space?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
Does the location that the card is placed on need to meet one of the icons on the cards or is it ok if all of the icon requirements are met just from adjacent spaces?

We played this way

kneumann wrote:
For example, if a card has brown & red icons, can it be played on a green space that is adjacent to a brown and red space

and that was hard enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Our interpretation was different, FWIW. We understood that the card had to go on one of the listed colors (including one of the wild colors, if any), and that between that and surrounding spaces, you have to meet all requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Joe and Lorna. I don't think it is clear from the English rules, so unless there is someone who can read the Japanese rules to see if it is covered in more detail, we may need to wait to hear from the designer. I did notice a FAQ on the publisher’s site, but only in Japanese.

I really like the game btw. Very nice blend of spatial / puzzle elements with different types of scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I agree with Joe - the English rules say "the color of the placed space must be used." However, it wouldn't hurt to ask. I need to e-mail the designer anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenichi Tanabe
Japan
Suita-City
Osaka Japan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all,

Quote:

must it be played on either a brown or red space?

Yes, the card with face up must be placed the space with the icon of the card. If not, the card must be placed with face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.