Subject: Boats have to disembark units? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keimpe Visser
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb

Hi,

I found it weird that nowhere in the rules (dutch/german/english) there is a reference to if boats MUST disembark their units, or not.

A friend of mine bought 4 boats, stacked them with units and simply left them there.

Is it allowed to leave units on boats through the turns? There is no reference at ALL.
My friend honored the stack-limit, and payed the upkeep. The only downside of doing this, is that my friend had less treasure/storage tokens.

I know it is generally believed not to allow this.
But it has a point of course.

Regards,

Keimpe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the Gibsons rules, which I know you refer to you, but if it is not stated, I think it is an oversight.

AH rules 10.9 wrote:
Tokens must be embarked and disembarked during the same turn. A token may not remain aboard a ship at the end of movement. A token cannot travel on more than one ship each turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keimpe Visser
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaveD wrote:
I can't speak for the Gibsons rules, which I know you refer to you, but if it is not stated, I think it is an oversight.

AH rules 10.9 wrote:
Tokens must be embarked and disembarked during the same turn. A token may not remain aboard a ship at the end of movement. A token cannot travel on more than one ship each turn

I got the rules from Boardgamegeek actually, because i believe my Dutch version is very, very bad.
(It states for example that civ card credits can only be used once in a turn :\)
Although in the rules provided on this site, i also couldn't find it.

But thank you for all your help!

Regards,
Keimpe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Remember that it's a migration of a population over a turn of 500 years or so. They're gonna want to land at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Gerold
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mb
I do have the editions of AH, Gibson and Welt der Spiele. I think Gibson and Welt der Spiele are pretty much the same. But there are important differences between those two versions and AH.

The European versions have fixed starting provinces for each nation. And it's true, civ card bonuses can be used once per round and card only. Even if a card counts to more than one category.

On the other hand you can buy Law and Philosophy in the same turn. Which you can't with the AH rules.

But boat people aren't allowed in neither version.

Advanced Civilization can be played with an AH copy only.

Regards

Bernd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.