Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the second print even out yet? If so, does it come with a premium board? I want to start purchasing this game, but I'm not sure if I want to start from the very beginning or just get the Master Set. The board is what has me on the fence. I don't want the paper board. Opinions? Should I just get the master set? Oh decisions, decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
It is out and has a paper board, but folds less due to the new box shape and size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my first purchase, you do you recommend me getting the starter sets are the master set? Does it even matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
For my first purchase, you do you recommend me getting the starter sets are the master set? Does it even matter?

It's really more about how much you think is reasonable to get started in the game.

The Master Set is the better value, giving you six factions, a mounted full color board, and a box that can currently hold all everything that's been released with room for more.

The starter sets are cheaper, which is why they have the paper boards, but they also have some of the most competitive factions as well as some of the easiest to learn.

For people who like the game it isn't about what you get, just the order, since they get everything. I'm one of those.

If you're just looking, and have no idea if you like the game or not, I'd say go with a starter set. It's a lower cost way to try out the game.

But if you like the game, yeah, you're gonna end up buying everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I know I'm going to like the game. Can't say that I will still buy every single faction or reinforcement deck, but the Master Set does peak my interest. I want the board and I want a variety of factions right off the bat. I always did like to get things in order so that's my ADD kicking in. But it feels as if you don't need to get anything in any specific order. Thanks for all the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's no order necessary with the factions for Summoner Wars, and the Master Set's value just can't be beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.