flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my brother the following for his birthday:

wood elves + reinforcements
lizardmen + reinforcements
terrain
kingdoms

and printed the rules that are online.

After discussing with some people the above was recommend for him.

My brother is very much interested in miniatures but doesn't have the money nor the patience to paint and build them. So I thought Battleground would be a really great game for him.

Unfortunately he hasn't played it because he finds the fact that the rules are so long intimidating. He is a smart guy but he can't seem to go through the rules.

Is there a summary sheet or maybe a shorter rule set that he could read through that maybe is 5-10 pages and then start playing? Because I really think he will like it once he just gets started but with the rules being so long I don't think it is going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this online tutorial

http://www.yourmovegames.com/flash/bg2.swf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the files section. I've done some summaries in the past. This one looks good too and is more recent:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64138/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Worth mentioning that miniature games are inherently complex on the rules front. If he is genuinely struggling with BGFW (which isn't the most complex out there) then this branch of gaming might not be for him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.