Subject: Defenders a plenty??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Poulin
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello gang...i really want to get Defenders of the Realm for my family to play...but i was wondering, i will have five total players, is there any way to play with five players without having to buy the Dragon exp ?

Like maybe just getting the hero exp??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxicjedi wrote:
Hello gang...i really want to get Defenders of the Realm for my family to play...but i was wondering, i will have five total players, is there any way to play with five players without having to buy the Dragon exp ?

Like maybe just getting the hero exp??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Inside the box, there are plenty of heroes (8, IIRC), so you could play with 5, technically; the only issue is that the game would be too easy.

A way to fix this would be to add a 4th card, during the set up, to place 2 minions, and an 8th card, during setup, to add an extra minion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go.

This is the official variant from the designer himself. It's a great game and the variant works swimmingly. We play with five or six more than with four, actually.

It was in the Variants section of the forum on the game page. There is some great stuff there; definitely check it out (this thread perhaps will get moved to the game forum at some point). Richard Launius and Dr. Crow are very active in supporting the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Poulin
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks everyone for your input, and thanks for the link...
I cant wait to get this one.
I just finished watching Black Belts Gaming videos on this and they were awesome.

Have a great week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.