Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Hildebrandt
United States
Fort Washington
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Steve Jackson has posted the full (current) contents of the Designer's Edition, we can figure out how many extra countersheets we all need to buy in order to play 'Body Blow' on a ginormous board.

I think we can safely confine this calculation to the only units that really matter in this scenario: Heavy Tanks and Superheavy Tanks!

Now, in the 3-player version of 'Body Blow' (which, let's be honest, is what we all really want to be able to play) each of the Paneuro attackers gets 80 armor units. Let's say that we want the attack force to be about 60%-75% Heavies and Superheavies. (Reasonable, I think.) That means about 28 Heavies and 14 Superheavies for *each* attacker. So 50-60 Heavies and 20-30 Superheavies total.

Okay, looks like each copy of the game ships with 8 Paneuro Heavies, and 4 Paneuro Superheavies.

Uh-oh.

We need to buy *six* copies of the countersheets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if it is going to be a 3-player scenario, get your 2 buddies to buy a couple each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, if there are three players, surely they have at least four copies of the game between them, right? Well, at least two. So that reduces the extras you need to buy.

But I, too, was dismayed by the paucity of HVYs in the counter mix. I'd been looking forward to knowing what was in there and I was very happy about the list, except for the HVYs. I think we need more.

On the other and, remember that the lists published today don't include the contents of the sponsored sheets. All we know is that they use "existing dies". I think that means they include HVYs. Hopefully that means we have enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LucasTrask wrote:
Okay, looks like each copy of the game ships will 8 Paneuro Heavies, and 4 Paneuro Superheavies.

The mercenary faction adds 8 HVY and 4 SVY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LucasTrask wrote:
Okay, looks like each copy of the game ships will 8 Paneuro Heavies, and 4 Paneuro Superheavies.

We need to buy *six* copies of the countersheets!

There are another 8 Merc Heavies and 4 Merc Superheavies, which the 3rd player can use.

(It's also easier to track who owns/controls which units.)

So you only need 3 sets of Designer's Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately this is in fact the wrong question.

You needed to ask which MAPS you need play body blow and unfortunately they're not included (or even in the frame). There was a discussion thread, but I can't find it now :/

You can always play body blow on VASSAL... That's the only way I've _ever_ played.

*edit* Thanks Charles I just found the thread I was looking for and Body Blow requires 2 x G1 and 2x S1, which means you _could_ play it with two combined sets (at least map wise)

I can only put that down to being tired... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hildebrandt
United States
Fort Washington
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think we can play with the supplied maps -- we have to substitute G2 and S2 for one of each of the GEV and Shockwave maps, but as long as those are placed south of the G1 + S1 that forms the industrial center, the scenario should work the same. Yes, the river will run a slightly different course, as will the roads, but, in my experience at least, the bulk of the fighting happens on the northern maps anyway, and those will be the right ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.