Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got The Robots last weekend and played about 3 games with them, first with my wife and then with my friends John and Greg. John summed up the experience concisely:

Quote:
It's like playing with a new player who doesn't quite get the strategy and decides to spend the whole game just trying to be a dick to you.

I don't think we'll be using them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Robots with two human players so far. I'd quite happily do that again. I am not sure if I would often think about adding a Robot with three or more humans though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the robot is being a dick to you, you are playing poorly. The robot is completely predictable. If you are standing in front of the gun when it goes off, you have only yourself to blame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
My summary: It makes the two player game worth playing (although still not as good as robot-less 4 player games). But managing the robots is a hassle. I hope it gets better over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.